XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

04-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
barbel
France
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 2.0d, auto

new X1, couple of questions

I just took delivery of an X1 xDrive 2Od, auto. It's been several years since I had a BMW, and I feel like I've come home. Being in the south of France with hot summers and snowy mountain winters I added a lot of options to suit summers and winters (salesman said it was only the second time he'd sold a heated steering wheel).

Anyway, I've got a couple of questions in case anyone out there can help.

1. Remote key. I recently spent a wet day in the hills, but despite protecting the key in a plastic bag buried deep in my backpack, it wouldn't work when I got back to the car. The ordinary key worked, so no problem. On the following day, the remote worked fine. Question: is the key just very sensitive to humidity, and it dried out overnight? It showed no external signs of being damp, and I don't know what else I could have done to protect it.

2. Dynamic Performance Control (called Controle de al Transmission in france).
I bought DPC (if that is an accepted acronym for the Dynamic Performance Control - I've not seen it used) as an option. But I'm not sure if and when it works, and how you'd know. It doesn't seem to have any button. Perhaps it relates to the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and its subsystem the Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) - which does have an on/off button, though I don't have the snowy conditions to play with that yet. Can anyone help with how this alphabet soup works?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
DWB1873
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 20d xDrive Auto

With the key, rather than it perhaps having got wet, could it actually have been flat? With it at the bottom of the bag it might inadvertently been activating every step you went - after plugging back in it would have recharged on your drive home and thus worked fine the next day. Just a thought.

Performance control alters the speed of the four driving wheels to tighten steering - a little like a tank track.

There is no option to turn it on or off as far as I know. Equally no idea how to tell if it's really there. I have it on mine, however the only proof I have is the print-out from the delivery where it is stated.

Ive not driven one without so no idea how much difference it actually makes!
Appreciate 0