XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

04-22-2018, 07:37 PM   #1
dave_rwr
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 xDrive28i

Improving the audio quality in a 2014 X1 with HiFi

I purchased a 2014 xDrive28i X1 this week and I've been absolutely loving it. I love the way it drives and I've still been having those moments of "damn, that's a nice car" when I see it in the parking lot before realizing that it's mine.

With that said, the audio quality in the HiFi system is the one thing that has been a disappointment. In my test drive with the dealer, it's the one thing I never really adequately checked (stupidly) with him sitting right beside me. Long story short, for a Bimmer, I've been shocked this week at just how tinny and hollow the sound quality is when you turn the audio up. And as someone who can't drive without music, it's definitely something that I need to address.

What are my options? I searched through some old threads, but there aren't any recent topics on the matter and I'm interested if there's a "best practice" in 2018. I have the HiFi system - I've heard that the amplifier itself is fine, it just has crappy speakers. I've heard that the biggest problem is the amplifier itself. It's all been a little conflicting. Please keep in mind that I live in Canada (for shipping, etc.) and I'm not terribly handy when it comes to DIY.

Ultimately, I don't need studio-grade gear and I'm not someone who needs my car shaking with bass. I just need mu music to sound full and decent. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0