XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

02-17-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

Coding - who's dealers would do it for them?

I just visit my dealer in Oootah as the person I talked to on the phone said they could do coding. The service mgr whom I chatted with in person said that at present he had no way of doing that via BMW "official" software tools. He said that he would be more than happy to assist and was wondering about other dealers who offered it.

Several have mentioned that their dealers would do coding one time for free (with the purchase). As such, I would like to know specific dealers that offered it. Especially, if it was through official BMW software.

I know many folks utilize a third party. And I would be happy to do the coding myself but alas being a OS X user that means digging up a windoz box.

Anywho if folks did have their dealer do the coding mind letting me know who it was as my dealer would like understand their process. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 04:32 PM   #2
scottomfg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 Cayman S 6MT, '21 X5 45E

I'm also interested to hear what people have to say about this. Some of the coding options look pretty darn useful/desirable.
Appreciate 0