05-06-2012, 05:59 AM   #23
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
Well I thought the gearbox is the same in the 23d as it is in the 330d, 335d etc when auto?
And that is rated to 600nm and many have tuned it to 700nm with no problems.

I was not thinking of manual, which as we know just can't take that much at all.
Hi Mate long time no speak, I am thinking only at the moment about getting the new 25D X1 Xdrive when it comes out, it has the 218BHP engine so they say, I would use a tuning box such as this or the TDI tuning box if that was any good ( anyone), my main concern is "Boot space" can I get the golf gear into it. Regards J
      05-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #24
brettnosse
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mini

I believe that one of the dealers are offering Chipping.....
I am keen to check it out, and see how much! At least that way,I should be covered.......

Drove a 118i last week, and OMG so quick..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 11:58 PM   #25
sccurtido
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxxsson View Post
I also installed the racechip pro in my X1 sdrive18d

I immediately felt the extra torque on factory defaults which are E0.

What settings do you have your chip on?

Currently I am on F4, I read that setting 45 would be the max to get out of it.
hi there...
i got my racechip pro, some days ago...
it came on E0... but i allmoust didnt feel much diference. tryed E-2 like it said in manual... and felt more power...
tryed a run with my friend with a e46 320d 150hp, and we allmoust at same side... i only win for like 1m.

tried 2-4, and... wow... its like a bullet. but after some km in the city, going for a small pull, and got error, something like full power of the engine not available... because of fap filter full...
tryed to talk with tecknik team... and they sent me to 9-b
now im at B-B... i feel that i have a little more than stock...
but not enought...

which settings are you guys using? without damaging fap.
for me 2-4 was very good, places were my car only was a 180 - 190km/h it went to 210 - 220km/h. i allmoust didnt belived it... but fap didnt liked it.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #26
Alesyz
Registered
Rep
Drives: E39 525DA

From other forum, one user with C250(MB), says that D-1 is the best for his car.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 04:49 AM   #27
Jossen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 to come...

Well I am about to buy an X1 16d(yep, the lowest one) mainly because of CO2 emission taxations up here in Europe.

Did some research and a 16d can be upped basically from 116hp to 180hp which is actually real close to the standard 184hp of a 2.0d engine.

The standard cost difference between these two engines is basically 4000 Euro. So I am saving myself a buck here. The tuning costs about 600 Euro.

I will see if the car can handle the horsepower in a comfortable ratio to the standard brakes. If I would up the engine to 180hp I might order BMW Performance Brake option, that is basically the cost of the engine difference of a 16d to a 18d, 1500 Euro.

So -in all- a cost saving of 3500 Euro without the brakes or 2100 Euro with, PLUS I get an insurance by the tuner for any mishaps over a period of 2 years. By then the car will almost be at the point of being sold due to mileage.

I would never tamper myself by buying a plastic box with some chip in it and then clutter and tamper with it myself, this really can't be a healthy way of treating the car.

I would only get it done by a tuner who can make core changes to the BMW-chip.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #28
revhead1951
Rep
Drives: WRX

Hi Edmom5

Do U still have your 23d?

Any problems? eg gearbox etc?

I've been thinking of buying a X1 23d

I don't change my cars often , have a MY98 wrx auto with 400000klms on it which is still good& origional still strong.

My son bought a Pug 407 V6 twin turbo diesel only to have auto gearbox problems at 140000klms with the valve body in 6 speed auto, turns out to be inbuilt problem with silicon coating on shafts ot the solinoids wich gump up & stops.

Any such problems with the BMW?

Any info would be good
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 02:08 PM   #29
BeemerX1
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hey,

I’m always eager to read other peoples tuning.
I do have to say a lot of bullshit in this topic.
(Comparing a motor tuned X1 with a Porsche is nice, because it has the same power output. I wish it had the same handling, would love that.)

The 2.3d has breaks that are overpowered, there made to stop the 135i (not sure if it are the same breaks as the X1 3.5i, it would be logic however). My source could be wrong but look at those discs and try it for yourself. All friends are stunned how the car (engine, AT, xdive) performs, same for the breaks.

The stock suspension of the X1 is good, when taking corners on high speed however the car tends to roll over a little. Even then you can go hard on the gas pedal but is is very tricky is S cornering. X1 is kind of jumpy but with all motorizations and suspension you have that problem.

More power but same riding means less consumption yes, when using the extra power the consumption is about the same. 6,4l/100km and 1000km on full tank is very ( very, very ) optimistic with this car, I don’t say it isn’t possible. I am doing this on open road (with hot engine) when driving alone on cruise control 130km/h, no AC in use and all windows (and roof) closed.

X1's 2.3d AT gearbox is not the same as the 330d (stock over 500nm?) or a 335d (tuned they go over 800nm) etc, it is rated for 450-500nm, depends on if you ask BMW or the manufacture ZF. My car did weird running on 265hp/480nm, doing over 5000rpm and hanging there for about 1-3 seconds. Problem was gone after re-adapting, resulting in no problems anymore but output is 262hp/470nm. (DPF and rear silencer are still there for looks but inside it is inox tubing, also the stock air filter is change by a sport filter )

Totally different car in response of the gas pedal( I hated that big lag response) , breaks are still overpowered (what’s a good thing). With a sport suspension it would be super, with the stock suspension the same problem is still there but now it isn’t worse than before. When I’m driving I feel how the car handles, I don’t think “I don’t take people with me in the car because that is a 160kg extra and my suspension and brakes can’t handle that” you adapt your driving, more power doesn’t mean you are driving faster, when it rains you don’t drive like you are driving normal. Do I make sense?

Good thing that you are happy with your power box, that consumption is lower and you keep your warranty. My car has the ECU altered and so the warranty on motor/transmission isn’t there anymore, however the tuning is adapted on the test bench, for the engine I think it is more healthy now, transmission and the rest of the car can have it. Not every car/motor is the same.

Also, keep in mind the 3.5 has 300hp stock, you would be surprised how many parts are the same and even 3.5's are motor tuned till crazy outputs with letting other parts like suspension, transmission and brakes the same.

Using a power box is a gamble, the topic starter gamble was good (till now and hopefully till he’s bored of the car and sells it).

Hope this is useful for other people.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 08:02 PM   #30
GTony
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 F25 XDrive 28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettnosse View Post
I believe that one of the dealers are offering Chipping.....
I am keen to check it out, and see how much! At least that way,I should be covered.......

Drove a 118i last week, and OMG so quick..
Would like to know if a BMW Dealer is offering Chipping and under what conditions, price, warranty etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 07:00 PM   #31
GTony
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmom5 View Post
Gee, I never thought I'd see a nanny response in a forum such as this!!

The main purpose I purchase the unit for was to improve midrange oomph, not to become Mark Webber. I actually race cars as a hobby and know ALL about the engineering aspects, and since this is my daily drive it just adds to the experience, as well as saving me $$ on the long commute to the office.

Anyway 196kW is not a huge amount - its the smallest amount of power of any car I've owned in the past 10 years and certainly coult not be compared to a Cayman!
I'm not mechanically minded and have looked at chips. Yours seems a cheap and easy way to get that extra oomph, which I'd like with mine. I was also looking at getting one in Aust. for around $1300 installed, computer tuned and a good guarantee.
You said above knowing about Engineering Aspects. Can you help regarding Diesel Exhaust Changes. I know it's hard to get Mod. stuff for the X1's but would love a better exhaust. I was told it has a smoke filter in the middle and smoke would come out the back if taken off. Surely todays diesels are more efficient. One blog said they took the stuff inside the exhaust out and replaced with inox tubing. I don't know how they would do that or who in Aust. would have the knowledge to improve our exhausts or supply the right answers.
Back to Chips. Your Milage/Km's figures are great with the chip. My std. 20d Max. is 7L/100km's around town and under 5L/100km's on highway/freeway trips. It's Warranty runs out Dec. this year. No hurry for chip, will decide then. Like others thinking about warranty.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #32
li21
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

Edmom are you still using the Racechip ? How is it going now ?
Is it similar to one of these?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180944695938

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230838234...84.m1427.l2649
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 11:57 PM   #33
Edmom5
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW G06 X6 M50i

The type of chip

NO NO NO!! It was not an eBay chip - I bought mine from the racechip group in Germany directly. I would not suggest trying the cheap Chinese ones...
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 12:37 AM   #34
li21
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmom5 View Post
NO NO NO!! It was not an eBay chip - I bought mine from the racechip group in Germany directly. I would not suggest trying the cheap Chinese ones...
Yep I realized after doing some research
I bought the Racechip (standard)
Arriving tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 07:55 PM   #35
GTony
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by li21 View Post
Yep I realized after doing some research
I bought the Racechip (standard)
Arriving tomorrow!
Lets know how your new Racechip goes once you get it installed.
Also how's your car running and did you have any luck with a larger professional diesel company similar to the one I suggested.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #36
li21
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTony View Post
Lets know how your new Racechip goes once you get it installed.
Also how's your car running and did you have any luck with a larger professional diesel company similar to the one I suggested.
hi GTony

I did call another group who do similar thing and they told me to come in an get a Dyno check first of all then go from there. I've yet to find time to go

I thought I'd try this racechip which I got today.

First of all the packaging is amazing. Looks like a quality product with real R&D

Results: Disappointing for me. Felt like there was absolutely no power increase at all. The only thing I got was some more low down torque when taking off.
So all in all the car moves from a stop like it should (but wasn't in my car)

Will this offer me fuel economy gains? Will see over the next few days.

I reckon the Racechip is probably a solid product, just not working well in my problematic car.

I know I could try changing the settings but I wasn't planning on using anything other than default incase it starts causing issues.

Edmom - Did you use default or more advanced setting?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #37
rlaffey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330e mSport+

I just ordered mine this morning for an 18d xdrive. Will let you know how it works.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #38
li21
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaffey View Post
I just ordered mine this morning for an 18d xdrive. Will let you know how it works.
Great let us know how your experience is
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:26 PM   #39
revhead1951
Rep
Drives: WRX

Waiting for feedback on how new chips improve performance/ fuel economy?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:50 PM   #40
li21
Private
Rep

I have one for sale if anyone is interested
Pm me
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 10:08 PM   #41
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

Any idea on this one? http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and_..._kw_P7775.html
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 06:22 AM   #42
escape3361
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0d

Racechip Pro 2

Just got Racechip Pro2 installed by Racechip Indonesia technician on my X1 2.0D
I don't know what setting he's done, all I know is 5 clicks on S1 and 3 clicks on S2.
The car accelerate like a bullet now.
Don't know about fuel consumption yet, I haven't driven the car much at all in the last 2 days. I'll report again in the near future.
Very very happy with this product.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 07:27 PM   #43
tuanvo1982
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive20d 2010

such a good topic to following. I may go for a cheap option 140EU and see how it goes
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 04:29 AM   #44
tuanvo1982
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive20d 2010

I have got a RaceChip Pro 2 and the first feeling with setting E0 is that the acceleration is so good (no lag anymore) then it helps my steering wheel lighter when starts the car . Any idea about better setting ? Thanks
(I am aware of Ultimate version and Pro and Pro has different settings. The way Pro 2 said E0 means S1=E S2=0 but in Ultimate version is S1=0 S2=E)

Last edited by tuanvo1982; 10-22-2015 at 07:03 AM..
Appreciate 0