rooringhusky
Objects in the mirror are losing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92 AW/CR 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
2013 BMW X1 N55 - Engine Performance Mods Questions

Hey hows it going guys? I got a buddy with a 2013 BMW X1 x-Drive. He is interested in adding some engine performance mods to his car.

I have already helped him to install a JB4 Stage 2 tune w/ Flexfuel wires. Everything went well but he has the mod bud and wants to install more parts.

I personally have a 2007 335i with the N54 motor. Since the X1 isnt as popular among the other 135/335 tuner platforms I am not as knowledgeable about which parts fit well and which don't. I just wanted to know if anyone could help me as to which brand downpipe, chargepipe, intercooler bolt-on without any modifications. Can he fit the VRSF CP, DP, and FMIC without any issues? Thanks in advance to any help you can direct my way.
      06-07-2014, 12:12 AM   #2
wantm135i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: x1 35i m sport

now add the ar downpipe, er charge pipe and er intercooler. thats what i have
      06-07-2014, 01:55 AM   #3
rooringhusky
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantm135i View Post
now add the ar downpipe, er charge pipe and er intercooler. thats what i have
Thanks for the response wantm135i!

Ok glad there are some more parts that will fit than I thought. I have also heard the Wagner FMIC works according to a few posts I read from paradoxical. Have you heard of anyone fitting the VRSF parts successfully? Reason I ask is because my buddy is interested in that brand so we can buy everything at once if possible.
      06-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
wantm135i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: x1 35i m sport

yes the wagner intercooler does fit but the er intercooler works better. the reason i went with the ar down pipe instead of vrsf is because it can be ordered with a ceramic heat coating and its the only down pipe to show inside of the pipe and that it is smooth not all ruff and bumpy.
      06-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #5
rooringhusky
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantm135i View Post
yes the wagner intercooler does fit but the er intercooler works better. the reason i went with the ar down pipe instead of vrsf is because it can be ordered with a ceramic heat coating and its the only down pipe to show inside of the pipe and that it is smooth not all ruff and bumpy.
Got you...I know exactly what you mean...The AR Design pipes are much higher in quality compared to any other downpipe...I personally opted for them on my N54 and no other pipe has measured up to its standard...From welds to fitment and even transitions...

Ok I will hold out a bit longer to see if anyone can confirm if the VRSF DP, CP, FMIC will fit since I don't want to buy them for him and get stuck with parts that won't fit...Neither of us would be happy...His budget allows for the VRSF package whereas he might only be able to get the FMIC and chargepipe if he went with ER or AR options...Not up to me but its entirely his choice and his money...Back to the drawing board

Anyone else that can chime in please do!
      06-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #6
EdgeCrusher
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

the DP will fit, I have seen other guys get it to work... As far a FMIC goes not sure about that one.... I do know most parts as far a downpipes/FMIC and Intakes will fit the X1 from the 135i. The one thing we know that doesnt transfer over is the actual catback exhaust...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 07:42 PM   #7
rooringhusky
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeCrusher View Post
the DP will fit, I have seen other guys get it to work... As far a FMIC goes not sure about that one.... I do know most parts as far a downpipes/FMIC and Intakes will fit the X1 from the 135i. The one thing we know that doesnt transfer over is the actual catback exhaust...
Awesome...I know the Chargepipe works as well...So DP and CP are good to go just waiting on if someone knows if the FMIC will bolt up easily..

Catback wont for sure I know that 100%...Catback has dual outlets left and right like the 335i and the X1 has the exhaust tips on one side...Thanks for the response EdgeCrusher