Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

08-17-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
X1blue
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 sdrive 18d

E84.X1 sDrive18d with and withour M sport pack

Can anyone advise the difference between an sDrive 18d with the M posrt pack and without it?

The catalogue states exclusive colour, sports seats, special wheel, metal protectors on door bases, different front/back bumpers, different gear stick, different wheel design.. the catalogue implies a set of cosmetic changes.

But I suspect more. Got my hands on an X1 sDrive 18d M sport yesterday and sure enough, no vibrations in the steering wheel and the whole car vibrated less, especially the gear stick. I'd swear the whole gear box is different to our standard sDrive18d which has an awful recoil on starting the engine, something that is happening every few minuets in the city. Indeed, our X1 seems to 'rotate' a little when the engine starts, something that is far less pronounced in the M sport version.

The shocks seemed to absorb more of the general vertical vibration we have in the standard sDrive 18d but as soon as we hit a rough patch of road made out of pure concrete, the vibration was truly horrible.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 05:14 AM   #2
ognam
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 Sdrive20

The M pack comes also with sport suspension; which means harder shock absorbers, shorter springs and thicker anti-roll bars. I'm not aware of any change in the gearbox (may be shorter gear ratios??). I know that in old bmw 1 series there were two different gear ratios depending on HP; for instance, 120 has shorter gear ratios than 118.

Anyway, you shouldn't notice any difference in the gear stick vibration when starting but the car should roll less when starting due to the harder suspension.
Appreciate 0