XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

07-29-2022, 11:52 PM   #89
NMX1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i M sport

I got the new VRSF charge pipe installed and it seems to have helped with the acceleration lag I'd been experiencing before the original part blew up. I'm guessing it was cracked and caused a boost leak before it fully failed. There's still an issue with slow initial acceleration before the car really takes off, but it's much more tolerable now, without the completely dead time I used to have when I stomped on the gas from a stop.
Based on my conversations with xHP, MHD and a couple of tuners it seems like this is just a fact of life with these cars, and the general consensus I've been getting is that if you want a quick launch do a brake boost.
This all works for me, on the whole I'm very satisfied with the car at this point. Mostly I just drive in "D" mode since it's such a great compromise between efficiency and responsiveness but it's nice to be able to toggle into sport mode when I want some extra grins.
Appreciate 0