Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

07-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
jiudia
Enlisted Member
China
Rep
Drives: X1

Cruise control is on the way... X1 18i MT

Order cruise control for my X1 18i MT from taobao, famous e-shopping platform of China.
ETA this Sun and will have it installed asap.
Will share with you guys fotos and using experience later.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #2
Romuloschumann
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18i

How does it works?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
Chris Pringle
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Our X1 has been sitting at the dealership for three weeks waiting for cruise control parts to arrive from Germany. They called yesterday to advise one part (of several) is still missing. Delivery of our car got rescheduled for Friday Aug. 2nd. We are anxiously waiting.

Luckily, the c.c. was something the dealer could install when we told them we wouldn't accept delivery of the car without it. We did have to pay extra. Most dealers here wanted a factory install with a 3-month wait.

I am very curious to know how your aftermarket cruise control works for you. My understanding is that it is a set of various parts (including a new panel in the dashboard) for everything to work properly. But maybe some of these things don't affect its operation. Do you have a link to the cruise control you purchased?

I still don't understand why BMW specs its cars without this basic feature in various regions of the world. I think it's a stupid move! We were getting ready to buy the Audi Q3 (our very close 2nd choice) if BMW had said no to the cruise control install.

Last edited by Chris Pringle; 07-24-2013 at 09:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 03:06 AM   #4
jiudia
Enlisted Member
China
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romuloschumann View Post
How does it works?
It's definitely worth retrofitting it. You just love it as long as you use it once.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 03:09 AM   #5
jiudia
Enlisted Member
China
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Pringle View Post
Our X1 has been sitting at the dealership for three weeks waiting for cruise control parts to arrive from Germany. They called yesterday to advise one part (of several) is still missing. Delivery of our car got rescheduled for Friday Aug. 2nd. We are anxiously waiting.

Luckily, the c.c. was something the dealer could install when we told them we wouldn't accept delivery of the car without it. We did have to pay extra. Most dealers here wanted a factory install with a 3-month wait.

I am very curious to know how your aftermarket cruise control works for you. My understanding is that it is a set of various parts (including a new panel in the dashboard) for everything to work properly. But maybe some of these things don't affect its operation. Do you have a link to the cruise control you purchased?

I still don't understand why BMW specs its cars without this basic feature in various regions of the world. I think it's a stupid move! We were getting ready to buy the Audi Q3 (our very close 2nd choice) if BMW had said no to the cruise control install.
If you know Chinese, you can search it in Taobao.com.
There're few sellers and you can easily locate where i buy the cruise control.
The seller will provide after-sale reprogramming to make sure it works perfectly to your car.
Nice try and really enjoy it.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #6
Romuloschumann
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18i

Please send the link
Appreciate 0