Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

03-23-2023, 01:33 AM   #1
Rokrr
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x1 xdrive d20 msports

Feel bit of shake/vibration when geat shift up from 1-2

Hi all,

I need a litlle help here just bought a second hand bmw x1 msport 2012 xdrive 20 with automatic transmission.

Its second day and i have just noticed that when i drive the car and moves up in gear (i believe 1-2). I notice a bit unusal behaviour that feels bit of a vibration as if i went through a bump. Not sure if anyone has experienced this and knows what could it be. The car is absolutely fine in high speeds or if i change gear manually but when in auto transmission mode(D) i notice that something is not right and not sure if its chain, transmission or dirty egr. I need to take it for service but would like to know in advance what can i expect.

I am bit worried as just bought it from private seller and didnt noticed during test drive ☹️
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 12:11 PM   #2
jakerazzz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 35i

Hi! Been a couple months. Did you have any updates on what was causing the shaking? Mine does the same, thinking it may be transfer box. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 08:38 PM   #3
05X3lover
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 Dark Gray X1 AWD

Just thought I'd post our X1's similar behavior. We bought our 2015 model with 50K miles on it back in 2019 in very pristine condition. Over the time we've had it I've noticed that when pulling out of the parking lot in the morning it kind of does a jerk from 1st to 2nd gear. Once warmed up it doesn't do it. It honestly doesn't concern me because I've read in other places that it's common for this 8 speed transmission to do this when cold, and doesn't damage anything. So I think you guys are good to go as far as your vehicles go.
Appreciate 0