XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

12-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
FLX1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 28i

DSC/DTC light flicker

Searched threads but didn't see anything on this. I have noticed (in my 2014 XDrive x28i) that if I come off the back side of a speed hump (an elongated speed bump) quickly enough that the rear end squats a bit, the DSC/DTC light on the dash (with the x1 outline and the wavy lines underneath) flickers on, then off. I am not doing anything dramatic enough to cause it to kick in- accelerating, yes, but not stomping it, dry roads, no snow/ice/rain/leaves/etc. on the road. Seems to be related to how much the rear end squats, as if compressing the rear suspension to a certain point triggers it. Anyone else get this?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 12:32 AM   #2
x1-2012
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 x28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLX1 View Post
Searched threads but didn't see anything on this. I have noticed (in my 2014 XDrive x28i) that if I come off the back side of a speed hump (an elongated speed bump) quickly enough that the rear end squats a bit, the DSC/DTC light on the dash (with the x1 outline and the wavy lines underneath) flickers on, then off. I am not doing anything dramatic enough to cause it to kick in- accelerating, yes, but not stomping it, dry roads, no snow/ice/rain/leaves/etc. on the road. Seems to be related to how much the rear end squats, as if compressing the rear suspension to a certain point triggers it. Anyone else get this?
Yes, I got the same DSC yellow light for a fraction of a second when I went over a large speed bump, which may be explained because I maintained my speed ... However I did not sense any intervention from the X1's stability control. I would guess it is triggered at the exact moment when the front wheels leave the bump and they got back the road, I guess the DSC has to slow down the rear wheels to match the speed of the front wheels.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
iride4u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35 M-Sport Dinan

This can be very common and is no cause for concern. The traction control is sensitive enough that it kicks in very early. This is far better than the X3 traction control that lets you start sliding before it kicks inn.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
danintas
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X3 30d Xline

My X1 does this too on some speed humps ... also disables cruise control.
Appreciate 0