XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-31-2010, 12:31 PM   #23
tompak23d
Private First Class
 
tompak23d's Avatar
 
Drives: 328iA xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sweden

Posts: 118
iTrader: (0)

Hmm, as I am reading this thread I begin to have som thoughts...

You can not compare the X1 with another SUV, I belive it is only the Mini Countryman that is a competitor and that is SAV...

The Q5 goes against the X3 and GLK. Dont even mention the Asian cars, they do not belong here (but they are really good cars). Not the Swedish joke Volvo Xc60 either (yes I am Swedish but that car belongs in China with itīs cheap interior).

Happy new year BTW
tompak23d is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2010, 12:37 PM   #24
Blofelds_cat
New Member
 
Blofelds_cat's Avatar
 
Drives: April '11 sDrive 18
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Moscow Russia

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

I fully agree - Q5 faces X3, not X1.
I would not call XC60 a joke car, this is just a chineese car of a chineese brand And the only SwedCar left is Dutch-Russian-Swedish SAAB, but those guys are quite close to death, unfortunately.
Blofelds_cat is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2010, 01:06 PM   #25
manicm
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: X1 sDrive18i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SA

Posts: 375
iTrader: (0)

Tompak, that's a horrific thing to say about the XC60 - I've sat in one and it's interior is better than any equivalent German car's.
manicm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2010, 03:39 PM   #26
tompak23d
Private First Class
 
tompak23d's Avatar
 
Drives: 328iA xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sweden

Posts: 118
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicm View Post
Tompak, that's a horrific thing to say about the XC60 - I've sat in one and it's interior is better than any equivalent German car's.
Well what German cars have you sat in? A Trabant?

I purchased my X1 after looking at Q5, X3, GLK and Xc60. All of these cars were to big for me, the X1 suited me perfectually. I canīt in my life see how you can say that the interior is better in a Xc60

BUT... Comparing the other cars, the interior quality of the Xc60 was a big joke, hard plastic interior, the other cars had much higher quality. I donīt have anything against swedish cars, I also own a Xc90, which has a much higher interior quality than the Xc60...

But, this is my own opinion, I donīt blame them who choose an Xc90.

Good luck with your choices...
tompak23d is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2010, 03:55 PM   #27
mario486
Mario
 
mario486's Avatar
 
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Scotland/Alba

Posts: 981
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicm View Post
Tompak, that's a horrific thing to say about the XC60 - I've sat in one and it's interior is better than any equivalent German car's.
I would not say it's better than Merc/BMW/Audi/Porsche/VW but probably better than the rest. Thing is Manicm, people here in Europe have a slightly different view of Volvo than in SA. I know I did. Having driven both XC60 and XC90 I can tell you that like for like it's no contest with BMW. Worst is the engines although I understand the xc90 is not too bad off road. oh and they are very expensive a s well.
__________________
"Do or do not, there is no try!" - Master Yoda
"Always in motion is the future" - Master Yoda
"Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is" - Master Yoda
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
mario486 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2011, 06:17 AM   #28
Gatekeeper
Captain
 
Gatekeeper's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 320d Security
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: France

Posts: 630
iTrader: (0)

Ditto.
__________________
"Let our manners distinguish us from our enemies, as much as the cause we are engaged in"
Gatekeeper is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2011, 02:15 AM   #29
OliNZ
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMWx1
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Zealand

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompak23d View Post
Hmm, as I am reading this thread I begin to have som thoughts...

You can not compare the X1 with another SUV, I belive it is only the Mini Countryman that is a competitor and that is SAV...

The Q5 goes against the X3 and GLK. Dont even mention the Asian cars, they do not belong here (but they are really good cars). Not the Swedish joke Volvo Xc60 either (yes I am Swedish but that car belongs in China with itīs cheap interior).

Happy new year BTW
I am pretty sure the XC60s and the rest of the Volvo range are going to be 100% made in Sweden, it would be a commercial suicide if Volvo's chinese owners decided to make its cars in China.
Geely(Volvo's new chinese owner) bought Volvo so that they can strengthen its product's major weakness, its horrific product safety records, and having a name like Volvo as its subsidiary and sprinkled with some marketing skills, the local Chinese consumers would simply prefer Geely over other Chinese car makers.

The Swedes are not losing their job to the cheap Chinese labour, yet
OliNZ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #30
tompak23d
Private First Class
 
tompak23d's Avatar
 
Drives: 328iA xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sweden

Posts: 118
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliNZ View Post
I am pretty sure the XC60s and the rest of the Volvo range are going to be 100% made in Sweden, it would be a commercial suicide if Volvo's chinese owners decided to make its cars in China.
Geely(Volvo's new chinese owner) bought Volvo so that they can strengthen its product's major weakness, its horrific product safety records, and having a name like Volvo as its subsidiary and sprinkled with some marketing skills, the local Chinese consumers would simply prefer Geely over other Chinese car makers.

The Swedes are not losing their job to the cheap Chinese labour, yet
Well, letīs hope so, but there can be a production in China because of the high penalty taxes the Chinese governement puts on the manuafcters that do not have factories in China. But often the factories just produces for the Chinese market.
tompak23d is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST