XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

12-20-2023, 11:16 AM   #1
reice23
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 530i

Seals and creaking noise

X5 45e creaking noise

My rear trunk area was making like a creaking squeaking noise on the rear driver side l and it turned out to be something with the latch thing so they retightened/adjusted that. Rear driver side noise is gone but the rear passenger had the same similar noise just not as loud so I don’t know if it was always there just drowned out since the rear driver side was louder. So I called back let the SA aware of the issue and brought it back to get looked at again and this time did a test ride with a foreman. The foreman heard the same noise and now I just got this message from the SA

“Finding some foreign cleaning/detailing substance on the seals for your rear gate that is causing the grunting/rattle type noise the foreman heard with you this morning. The tech cleaned the gate seals as part of diagnosis and noise now gone. We are also hearing similar noises from your doors-finding the same cleaning/detail substance on the door seals as well”

He said it’ll be $200 for them to clean the seals or I can clean them myself to save money. My question is does this even sound legit like a cleaning substance would make that rattle noise and if so what can I use to clean it myself to save $200. Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 11:41 AM   #2
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

i mean if it was causing the door or whatever to not seal then sure. sounds like a major stretch but as you know welcome to your rattling bmw. get an exhaust or subwoofer.

my e90 is almost silent on the highway

every new bmw i buy is more and more shit
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 11:44 AM   #3
reice23
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
i mean if it was causing the door or whatever to not seal then sure. sounds like a major stretch but as you know welcome to your rattling bmw. get an exhaust or subwoofer.

my e90 is almost silent on the highway

every new bmw i buy is more and more shit
Yea it’s only at lower speeds on uneven slight rough roads. Highways and new roads quiet as a mouse
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 08:23 AM   #4
icj_45e
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5 45e

I'd suggest to wipe down the door jambs and seals with a damp microfiber w/ a little car soap or all-purpose-cleaner. Than apply Sonax Gummipleger or similar product to the seals. My 45e also creaks and this takes care of it for a month or two.
If that doesn't work, guys have been using vinyl stickers/tapes at the contact points between the seal and painted door jambs to successfully get rid of the creaking. There is a thread outlining the process. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 10:42 AM   #5
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Gummi Pflege is the fix.

https://www.amazon.com/nextzett-9148...1zcF9hdGY&th=1
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 12:40 PM   #6
christianb5s4
Captain
Rep
Drives: Built 2001 Audi S4

x2 on Gummi Pflege. Use every 3-4 months and seals will never weather or make noise. If you've never treated the seals, go heavier on first application, let it soak in, then wipe away excess with a microfiber towel.