XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
brettndeb
New Member
2

 
Drives: BMW 135i convertible
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sunny Chandler AZ


Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Arrival Report

Hello all.

Picked up my new X1 Sdrive28i MSport on my birthday! (just dumb luck that it showed up my birthday as it was ordered weeks ago....)

* Options/Specs *

Alpine White
Black Leather
19 inch wheel upgrade (came with PZeros)
Msport Package
Premium Package
Lighting Package
Bluetooth/BMW Assist
Harman Kardon Audio
Yes, paddle shifters
Sat Radio
Black grille

(no tech/nav stuff....not much of a fan)

* Thoughts *

Steering is better than expected....good feel
19 inch rims/sport suspension actually feels pretty good on the road of Arizona....more "compliant" than our 135 MSport Convertible for sure
Auto Start/Stop system is annoying for sure....
Shocked by how big/useful cargo area is. Carried home a new 60 inch TV from Costco yesterday without a problem
19 inch wheels look awesome but are going to be a b#tch to clean
Black grille looks awesome as well with the alpine white paint
Car is quick, though not as quick as our 135i, but doesn't feel at all like a suv/cross-over. More like a "big 1" or a "tall 3 series"
Car feels solidly built, and honestly think its the bargain in the BMW line when compared to the specs of say a loaded 3 series

I'll try to load some pics here soon....but turned out much better than expected, and even the dealership thought it was one of the nicer looking cars they have received (and oddly only two or three MSports delivered thus far)
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
LatinBimmer
First Lieutenant
Peru
35

 
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lima


Posts: 365
iTrader: (0)

Pics Pics Pics!

My alpine white is set for delivery on Thursday 6th Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
stonex1
Second Lieutenant
Canada
13

 
stonex1's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' X1, 02' Chev S10
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Prince Geroge BC


Posts: 212
iTrader: (0)

Happy Birthday to you!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Cfrem15
Cfrem15
Lebanon
8

 
Cfrem15's Avatar
 
Drives: E84 N55
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pittsburgh (winter) Beirut (Summer)


Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)

LOL got mine a day after my birthday as well total coincidence...
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
FL1051
New Member
United_States
0

 
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i Sport Line
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Florida


Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Congrats and Happy Birthday!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #6
Lucky13
Lucky13
United_States
33

 
Drives: 2014 M235 manual
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Columbia, S.C.


Posts: 1,221
iTrader: (0)

I didn't go for the 19" rims on my M Sport because they looked like the ones on a previous M3 I owned which was a bitch to keep clean. The good news is that with the ceramic break pads you find that the wheel keep amazingly clean from brake dust.
__________________
1995 325i, 1996 328ci, 1997 528i, 1997 Z3 2.8,2001 X5 3.0, 2001 330i Convertible, 2002 M3 Convertible, 2003 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Coupe, 2004 Z4 3.0, 2004 X3 3.0,
2007 X3 3.0, 2007 335i Convertible, 2013 X1 28 sdrive,
2014 M235 manual
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
MidgetInBikini
SFBA Photographer
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2013 E84 N20 28i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United States


Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

How do you know about your custom order delivery date?

My X1 just finished production phase on 11/29! waiting for transport
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #8
LatinBimmer
First Lieutenant
Peru
35

 
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lima


Posts: 365
iTrader: (0)

Because it's not custom
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #9
ScottE
Private
United_States
7

 
Drives: '13 X1 xDrive 28i Mineral Gray
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Naperville, IL


Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Congrats! Can't wait to see the pix...
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #10
JetLee
New Member
2

 
Drives: 2010 135i Cabrio, '87 CTTC
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dana Point, CA, USA


Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

Interested in feedback on suspension compliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettndeb View Post
...19 inch rims/sport suspension actually feels pretty good on the road of Arizona....more "compliant" than our 135 MSport Convertible for sure...
Interesting feedback - let us know more about the suspension compliance/feel as you drive it more. Many of the concrete freeways here in SoCal have cupped sections and uneven transitions making for a bumpy ride. I've held back on getting an X1 xDrive35i M Sport Line as I thought my 2010 135i Convertible with M Sport package felt more refined/compliant in the suspension area, and I was looking for a nicer ride. My lease is ending around the end of the year and I've been considering the X3 with M Sport Package or Sport Activity Package, possibly with DHP (requiring ordering the vehicle) or the Audi Q5 3.0T with S-Line which has adaptive damping suspension/Audi select drive controls. I may go MB GLK 350 for a more luxurious ride.

I really liked the looks/handling of the 19" wheel/tire combo but couldn't find any all season tires to fit them for my occasional trips into the mountains and snow. Starting with orders this month the M Sport Line X1 with 18" wheels comes with all-season tires, so I would be set for light snow/winter driving.

Lee

Last edited by JetLee; 12-02-2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #11
famfmann
Private
2

 
Drives: X1 sDrive28i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston


Posts: 82
iTrader: (0)

happy birthday and congrats!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 02:39 AM   #12
Blue Bottle
Lieutenant
Netherlands
8

 
Blue Bottle's Avatar
 
Drives: X1 x Drive 2.0L D
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Near Heerlen


Posts: 532
iTrader: (0)

come on give us some pictures please
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #13
willlin05
Registered
1

 
Drives: X1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY


Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Congrats, waiting for your pics
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #14
RDM3
Private
United_States
3

 
RDM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 X1 x28i M & 2011 ActiveE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Windsor, NJ


Posts: 83
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [0.00]
2011 BMW ActiveE  [0.00]
I am picking mine up at the SC Performance Center on 01/30/13.
2013 X1 xDrive28i M Sport Mineral White Coral Red Leather Ultimate Pkg H/K Audio.
Was ordered 11/10/12
Production Began 11/25/12
Production Ended 12/4/12
__________________
2013 X1 XDrive28i M Sport, 2011 ActiveE Alpine White Electric
2008 E90 M3 Retired.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #15
jrstech
Second Lieutenant
15

 
jrstech's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 M235i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: So Fla


Posts: 292
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettndeb View Post
Hello all.

Picked up my new X1 Sdrive28i MSport on my birthday! (just dumb luck that it showed up my birthday as it was ordered weeks ago....)

* Options/Specs *

Alpine White
Black Leather
19 inch wheel upgrade (came with PZeros)
Msport Package
Premium Package
Lighting Package
Bluetooth/BMW Assist
Harman Kardon Audio
Yes, paddle shifters
Sat Radio
Black grille

(no tech/nav stuff....not much of a fan)

* Thoughts *

Steering is better than expected....good feel
19 inch rims/sport suspension actually feels pretty good on the road of Arizona....more "compliant" than our 135 MSport Convertible for sure
Auto Start/Stop system is annoying for sure....
Shocked by how big/useful cargo area is. Carried home a new 60 inch TV from Costco yesterday without a problem
19 inch wheels look awesome but are going to be a b#tch to clean
Black grille looks awesome as well with the alpine white paint
Car is quick, though not as quick as our 135i, but doesn't feel at all like a suv/cross-over. More like a "big 1" or a "tall 3 series"
Car feels solidly built, and honestly think its the bargain in the BMW line when compared to the specs of say a loaded 3 series

I'll try to load some pics here soon....but turned out much better than expected, and even the dealership thought it was one of the nicer looking cars they have received (and oddly only two or three MSports delivered thus far)
I'm about to order similarly equipped sDrive, only option I'm debating on is Servotronic steering. Did you get a chence to road test one with and without Servotronic? I currious to hear your impression on the subject since you sound satisfied with the steering.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #16
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
5

 
CIWS's Avatar
 
Drives: X1 35i Sport (was)X6 50i Dinan
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: D/FW


Posts: 346
iTrader: (0)

__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #17
nospam
Captain
11

 
Drives: X1 x28i; 128i; S2000
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orange County, CA


Posts: 672
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrstech View Post
I'm about to order similarly equipped sDrive, only option I'm debating on is Servotronic steering. Did you get a chence to road test one with and without Servotronic? I currious to hear your impression on the subject since you sound satisfied with the steering.
It's been reported previously that servotronic improves the EPS on the sDrive. YMMV
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST