XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #45
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
8

 
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CT


Posts: 854
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAMERBOI View Post
I have the M wheel now but I'm thinking about adding this AutoCarbon Carbon Fiber + Alcantara Steering Wheel but I need to do more researching on this first may be too big for the x1. http://www.bimmian.com/AutoCarbon-Ca...for-BMW-E84-X1.
With all the carbon fiber you already have added, that, and a carbon fiber stick knob would likely look killer.

Me, I go for minimalism, and because I can't have an active air bag anyhow (for medical reasons), I'm thinking of picking a smaller steering wheel with a crumple hub instead of the airbag.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #46
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
17

 
BEAMERBOI's Avatar
 
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Florida


Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
With all the carbon fiber you already have added, that, and a carbon fiber stick knob would likely look killer.

Me, I go for minimalism, and because I can't have an active air bag anyhow (for medical reasons), I'm thinking of picking a smaller steering wheel with a crumple hub instead of the airbag.
I did found this carbon overlay for the shifter that matches the carbon fiber wrap I added to the interior. pics from iphone
Attached Images
 
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #47
aznpxdd
Private
China
3

 
Drives: 2009 Audi A4 2.0T, 2012 BMW X1
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dongguan, China / Taipei, Taiwan / Los Angeles


Posts: 85
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to aznpxdd Send a message via MSN to aznpxdd
Honestly not trying to crap on you, b/c I think your car looks awesome. But really, don't go overboard with the CF, it really could look tacky at times.
__________________
Life's a bitch and then ya die, that's why we get high, cause you'll never know when you gonna go!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #48
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
17

 
BEAMERBOI's Avatar
 
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Florida


Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpxdd View Post
Honestly not trying to crap on you, b/c I think your car looks awesome. But really, don't go overboard with the CF, it really could look tacky at times.
LOL who's going over board? your x1 has the same cf wrap as mine.

I was thinking of doing this:
http://insurancecardisplay.blogspot....t-biturbo.html


LOL just kidding! but does look sorta sick....
__________________

Last edited by BEAMERBOI; 10-30-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #49
lammy
New Member
0

 
Drives: BMW X1 - 2010
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney


Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

I've installed an OEM BMW Performance Exhaust on my X1. There isn't one available specifically for the X1, but I grabbed one for the 320i (having the same N46 engine as the 18i X1 in Australia) and got the muffler guy to put it on. Wasn't an exact bolt on, so he had to cut off some of the mid pipe and weld another pipe onto the mid pipe and into the flange of the BMW PE.

Planning to grab a K&N Air Filter soon as well!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #50
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
17

 
BEAMERBOI's Avatar
 
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Florida


Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)


Just ordered my new AutoCarbon Carbon Fiber + Alcantara Steering Wheel.

Ok I have ordered the new wheel but, I have today to change my mind. I need your option on which one to get.
I have ordered #1 and got it 1/2 off the price plus I don't have to send in my core M wheel.

or I could spend $400.00 more$$ and get the wheel#2 and have to turn in my core M wheel?

can you see my questing? As I like 2 a little better but 1 is not bad but a lot$$ better plus I get to keep my M wheel just in case....
Attached Images
  
__________________

Last edited by BEAMERBOI; 11-02-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #51
jtilley7
New Member
1

 
Drives: X1 28i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston, MA


Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

any idea if BMW will be offering any performance upgrades in the future?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #52
Cfrem15
Cfrem15
Lebanon
3

 
Cfrem15's Avatar
 
Drives: E84 N55
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pittsburgh (winter) Beirut (Summer)


Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAMERBOI View Post

Just ordered my new AutoCarbon Carbon Fiber + Alcantara Steering Wheel.

Ok I have ordered the new wheel but, I have today to change my mind. I need your option on which one to get.
I have ordered #1 and got it 1/2 off the price plus I don't have to send in my core M wheel.

or I could spend $400.00 more$$ and get the wheel#2 and have to turn in my core M wheel?

can you see my questing? As I like 2 a little better but 1 is not bad but a lot$$ better plus I get to keep my M wheel just in case....


i prefer #1 (Don't know how much it would match your whole CF interior tho), i'd spend that extra 400 on something else...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #53
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
17

 
BEAMERBOI's Avatar
 
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Florida


Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfrem15 View Post
i prefer #1 (Don't know how much it would match your whole CF interior tho), i'd spend that extra 400 on something else...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #54
Jossen
Enlisted Member
1

 
Jossen's Avatar
 
Drives: X1 to come...
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Belgium


Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

So I ordered my X1 S-drive Sport Line 18d:

things on my to do list:

- Hartge engine tune (aprox € 995: + 35HP and 60NM)
- perhaps interior conversion with carbon wrap in red accent like beamerboi'z(I got red stitching in seats etc)
- for now I am looking IF there is any way to put on a single Akrapovic Carbon Tail Pipe (just because it would blend in nicely with the black tail finish of the sport line)
- IF that would be possible I would also wrap the mirrors and blacken the taillights

Might sound silly but I am very curious about compatibility for Akrapovic, anybody an idea?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #55
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
17

 
BEAMERBOI's Avatar
 
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Florida


Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jossen View Post
So I ordered my X1 S-drive Sport Line 18d:

things on my to do list:

- Hartge engine tune (aprox 995: + 35HP and 60NM)
- perhaps interior conversion with carbon wrap in red accent like beamerboi'z(I got red stitching in seats etc)
- for now I am looking IF there is any way to put on a single Akrapovic Carbon Tail Pipe (just because it would blend in nicely with the black tail finish of the sport line)
- IF that would be possible I would also wrap the mirrors and blacken the taillights

Might sound silly but I am very curious about compatibility for Akrapovic, anybody an idea?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #56
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
17

 
BEAMERBOI's Avatar
 
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Florida


Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)

installed

Ok took about two hrs to do and now Im finished.
I love the thickness of the wheel and how it feels.
Attached Images
      
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #57
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
8

 
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CT


Posts: 854
iTrader: (0)

What diameter is that wheel? 350 mm?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #58
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
17

 
BEAMERBOI's Avatar
 
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Florida


Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
What diameter is that wheel? 350 mm?
Its the same as the orig M but thicker by 1 inch
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #59
randomquickness
Brigadier General
United_States
73

 
Drives: 996tt
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Killeen, TX


Posts: 3,655
iTrader: (13)

Hey folks, glad to see y'all are modding this thing already! I did the same with a 135i when they first got to the states and now I'm looking at maybe picking up one of these x1's for a daily driver And I could NEVER leave it stock...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #60
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
17

 
BEAMERBOI's Avatar
 
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Florida


Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomquickness View Post
Hey folks, glad to see y'all are modding this thing already! I did the same with a 135i when they first got to the states and now I'm looking at maybe picking up one of these x1's for a daily driver And I could NEVER leave it stock...
Welcome!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #61
aznpxdd
Private
China
3

 
Drives: 2009 Audi A4 2.0T, 2012 BMW X1
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dongguan, China / Taipei, Taiwan / Los Angeles


Posts: 85
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to aznpxdd Send a message via MSN to aznpxdd
Got my car back from the shop.

__________________
Life's a bitch and then ya die, that's why we get high, cause you'll never know when you gonna go!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 01:27 AM   #62
Cfrem15
Cfrem15
Lebanon
3

 
Cfrem15's Avatar
 
Drives: E84 N55
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pittsburgh (winter) Beirut (Summer)


Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpxdd View Post
Got my car back from the shop.



looks nice, i think you should go with tint!!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #63
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
17

 
BEAMERBOI's Avatar
 
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Florida


Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)

Ok I took the wheel back off and added red pin stripe to tie in with trim of car..

Is it too much???
Attached Images
    
__________________

Last edited by BEAMERBOI; 11-06-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #64
conceyted
Private
1

 
conceyted's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 X1
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA


Posts: 80
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAMERBOI View Post
Ok I took the wheel back off and added red pin stripe to tie in with trim of car..

Is it too much???
Can you post a link to the material you are using to do the red pin striping.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #65
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
17

 
BEAMERBOI's Avatar
 
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Florida


Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceyted View Post
Can you post a link to the material you are using to do the red pin striping.
I picked it up at auto zone. Just thin red pin stripping......
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #66
Cfrem15
Cfrem15
Lebanon
3

 
Cfrem15's Avatar
 
Drives: E84 N55
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pittsburgh (winter) Beirut (Summer)


Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAMERBOI View Post
Ok I took the wheel back off and added red pin stripe to tie in with trim of car..

Is it too much???

It looks much better now, but i hope you are done with CF on the interior, a little more and it would just look too much... Right now it is the perfect amount IMO
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST