XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
Kool-Kat
Private
 
Kool-Kat's Avatar
 
Drives: X1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Mass

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

What reaction does your X1 get?

Not all cars can evoke a good response, either they are too average or too ordinary to get a reaction...I was just wondering what reaction people give when they see your X1.
Kool-Kat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
HotRodW
Second Lieutenant
 
HotRodW's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southwest Michigan

Posts: 232
iTrader: (0)

The first reaction I typically get is: "Wow - I love that color! Any other positive comments usually come after that.
HotRodW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
 
BEAMERBOI's Avatar
 
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Florida

Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)

I get questioned all the time and honked with a thumbs up on the HYW.... No Joke!
I swear this is true, I was at a red light here in South Fla. and across the street was a chinese restaurant and a guy was coming out of and saw my car and I could hear him say loudly "WOW man that hot" as he watch me drive off. FUNNY...
__________________
BEAMERBOI is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
Jim2013X1
Private
 
Drives: 2013 X1
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Pittsburgh PA

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

On the road, mostly looks from other BMW owners, especially X3 drivers.
For those that have seen it up close, I first get a compliment on the color (Midnight Blue) and then how nice the Coral Red interior looks, then the cool wheels (sport line).
Those who have rode in it comment on what a strange feeling the start/stop is asking how I get used to it. My answer: I haven't yet!
Jim2013X1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
X1MSPORT
New Member
 
X1MSPORT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW X1 xDrive28i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tennessee

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2013X1 View Post
On the road, mostly looks from other BMW owners, especially X3 drivers.
For those that have seen it up close, I first get a compliment on the color (Midnight Blue) and then how nice the Coral Red interior looks, then the cool wheels (sport line).
Those who have rode in it comment on what a strange feeling the start/stop is asking how I get used to it. My answer: I haven't yet!
I concur. When I left the dealership after taking delivery, an X3 M Sport passed me on the interstate. The couple looked over at me and I could tell they were thinking to themselves: "honey, we should have waited for the 2013 model year". Ha-ha!

Everyone at my job loves the color combination. The Alpine White with Coral Red really draws attention to the vehicle. Some were skeptical about the red interior when I told them about it but were won over after they saw it in person.
X1MSPORT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
Kool-Kat
Private
 
Kool-Kat's Avatar
 
Drives: X1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Mass

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1MSPORT View Post
I concur. When I left the dealership after taking delivery, an X3 M Sport passed me on the interstate. The couple looked over at me and I could tell they were thinking to themselves: "honey, we should have waited for the 2013 model year". Ha-ha!

Everyone at my job loves the color combination. The Alpine White with Coral Red really draws attention to the vehicle. Some were skeptical about the red interior when I told them about it but were won over after they saw it in person.



Awesome! Ur ride looks awesome! I saw it in another post!
Kool-Kat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
X1MSPORT
New Member
 
X1MSPORT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW X1 xDrive28i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tennessee

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool-Kat View Post
Awesome! Ur ride looks awesome! I saw it in another post!
Thanks, Kool-Kat! I'm loving it...
X1MSPORT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
tierwun
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 X1 228xi
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NYC Area

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Me being a 6'4 guy - none.
The wife - a lot of attention.
The car was really bought for her anyways.
tierwun is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
Kool-Kat
Private
 
Kool-Kat's Avatar
 
Drives: X1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Mass

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAMERBOI View Post
I get questioned all the time and honked with a thumbs up on the HYW.... No Joke!
I swear this is true, I was at a red light here in South Fla. and across the street was a chinese restaurant and a guy was coming out of and saw my car and I could hear him say loudly "WOW man that hot" as he watch me drive off. FUNNY...


What part of South FL? I used to live in WPB Born n raised
Kool-Kat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #10
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
 
BEAMERBOI's Avatar
 
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Florida

Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool-Kat View Post
What part of South FL? I used to live in WPB Born n raised
Im from NYC but now in Ft lauderdale off A1A
__________________
BEAMERBOI is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #11
vindicator
balllllllllin
 
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MI

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAMERBOI View Post
Im from NYC but now in Ft lauderdale off A1A
Pics?
__________________
vindicator is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #12
Kool-Kat
Private
 
Kool-Kat's Avatar
 
Drives: X1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Mass

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAMERBOI
Im from NYC but now in Ft lauderdale off A1A

Nice, my bro lives there, he has a 3 series, he influenced me to go bimmer
Kool-Kat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #13
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
 
BEAMERBOI's Avatar
 
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Florida

Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)

Yep I started out with a mini cooper sport fully loaded then moved to a BMW 135I sparkling graphite grey. Then to a X6 Felt the x6 was not me just too fat and big not my personality it was a nice ride but just didn't feel connected as I do my X1.
__________________
BEAMERBOI is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST