XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

10-05-2012, 06:04 AM   #1
Jossen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 to come...

Which BMW stock options can be done aftermarket?

So there is a budget of just under 40.000 €, meaning that I need to get the essential non-aftermarket options added at configuration at my BMW garage.

The car configured is a 16d(which is actually an 18d) that I will have tuned up to 180hp, the reason for this is the stupidity of paying 1.450€ for the same engine + CO2 emissions being too heavily personally taxed in my country.

So wich one of these options cannot be added after delivery?

- Sports-suspension(probably possible, what do you guys recommend?) 295€
- Roofrails 295€
- Xenon + Highpressure cleaning system 905€
- Park Distance Control(Front + Rear) 760€
- Roof interior in Anthracite 220€
- Shadow Line Exterior 265€

Everything inclusive I am right now looking at a bill of 39.915 €(including sports package).
So that is just under the barrier, if I could cut something more, like one of the above options and add it aftermarket. It would be wonderful!

Thanks, for your help in advance!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
MikeRR
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Everything can be added but everything has its cost!
Xenon Lights will be VERY expensive to add, I would take the car with xenon and PDC. The rest is just details if you have a restricted budget.
Leave the sports supsension - original is hard enough.
But keep in mind everything will be more expensive to install aftermarket.

Last edited by MikeRR; 10-05-2012 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
Bill B.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2, '13 X135i '15 S1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRR View Post
Everything can be added but everything has its cost!
Xenon Lights will be VERY expensive to add, I would take the car with xenon and PDC. The rest is just details if you have a restricted budget.
Leave the sports supsension - original is hard enough.
+1

Nothing in the list looks impossible, just expensive.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
morski
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0D X Drive

definately go with the xenons for that price as they are very expensive and a pain to fit later on.
Im doing them on my X1 now. Even though i got the lights cheap the coding and time is a hassle
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by morski View Post
definately go with the xenons for that price as they are very expensive and a pain to fit later on.
Im doing them on my X1 now. Even though i got the lights cheap the coding and time is a hassle
Did you finish to install xenons? Please let me know! I'm buying my X1 w/o xenons and i'd love to retrofit them...
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #6
JOE YOUNG
SEAL TEAM SIX
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 E90 E84 F30 X3G01 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jossen View Post
So there is a budget of just under 40.000 €, meaning that I need to get the essential non-aftermarket options added at configuration at my BMW garage.

The car configured is a 16d(which is actually an 18d) that I will have tuned up to 180hp, the reason for this is the stupidity of paying 1.450€ for the same engine + CO2 emissions being too heavily personally taxed in my country.

So wich one of these options cannot be added after delivery?

- Sports-suspension(probably possible, what do you guys recommend?) 295€
- Roofrails 295€
- Xenon + Highpressure cleaning system 905€
- Park Distance Control(Front + Rear) [B]760€[/B
- Roof interior in Anthracite 220€
- Shadow Line Exterior 265€

Everything inclusive I am right now looking at a bill of 39.915 €(including sports package).
So that is just under the barrier, if I could cut something more, like one of the above options and add it aftermarket. It would be wonderful!

Thanks, for your help in advance!
I dont really agree that you can save the 1450EUROS by choosing a lesser engine and tuning it later because your insurance premium will be higher plus your warranty will be invalid.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 03:31 AM   #7
Jossen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 to come...

Well, the Beamer is eventually ordered as 18d with 143 bhp, which should be adequate seeing co2 emission standards, it'll not be too highly personally taxed.
It hasn't gone into production as of yet, it should be delivered halfway January.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #8
morski
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinBimmer View Post
Did you finish to install xenons? Please let me know! I'm buying my X1 w/o xenons and i'd love to retrofit them...
Thanks
Hi yes i have fitted them, had them coded and are working fine except i have an issue with the right angel eye which has bee shut down by the frm to protect it for some reason. washer jets yet to fit and self levelling too
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #9
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morski View Post
Hi yes i have fitted them, had them coded and are working fine except i have an issue with the right angel eye which has bee shut down by the frm to protect it for some reason. washer jets yet to fit and self levelling too
Please, can you share your experience and steps to do that? Here the law doesn't require washers, so I could buy xenons and install too. Please let me know the parts needed...
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #10
morski
Enlisted Member
Rep

actually very simple to do. best to get the xenons and have them fitted or fit them yourself. If you need help on how to install them yourself ask me and i will help. Once they are fitted then you will need to add a earth to each connector at the headlight side and bridge a cable for the shutters to work for high beam again done at the connector side of the headlight.
Then i can put you in touch with some one who will code your car so it all works fine. You will also need a obd connector, and some software for him to code it properly
any more info you can pm me instead of taking this thread astray
thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep

Thanks a lot!

Bought the xenons!! Now I'll keep waiting for your instructions
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #12
morski
Enlisted Member
Rep

hello,
sorry for the late reply, Wiring is pretty simple to do:
You need to add an earth to pin 2. use a wire tap and connect it to the brown ground/earth already in pin 4. dont connect it to your body for some reason it doesnt like it.

Now add a wire in pin 5 and again using a wire tap connect it pin 6. This will allow the shutter to activate when flicking the high beams.

These connections can easily be made from the loom on the car side or you can do it from within the headlight but its very tight in there and you may struggle.

once its all hooked up your xenons will work (not high beams ) but as soon as you start the car the xenons will flicker until you get them coded to your car.

Email this guy on ******* 'at' gmail.com and he will do a remote session via teamviewer and code your car for a small fee(donation) tell him Mohsan gave you his details.
You will need a K+DCAN cable and NCS Expert software installed. Cable is around 20 eruros and software is free on the internet.
Alternatively you will need to find someone locally to code your car for you as the dealers will not do this to your car unless you are on very good terms with them and if so then the wiring will need to be redone in different way and they will tell you that you will probably need a new FRM module which will be another 300euros or more.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 06:43 AM   #13
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep

thanks a lot morski! I'll let you know my results
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #14
abwmma
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1x

Where can I buy the Xeon lights? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #15
morski
Enlisted Member
Rep

from your dealer, ebay us or try ebay de as well as they also driv on the wrong side like you.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #16
FStephenMasek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Ford Explorer EB V8 RWD

You can also buy aftermarket interior rear view mirrors which include a garage door / gate transmitter and a color video screen which connects to a rear camera. If I buy an X1, I'll install just such a device.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #17
miataken
Rep
Drives: 2012 X1, White, Xenon, Leather

Buying 2x Xenon lens assembly, plus all the electronics (ballast, bulbs...etc) actually cost less than the cost of the option?

Not that it's a must have, but I assume it doesn't have the adaptive feature right?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #18
M3tallicar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M

I can't speak for how BMW handles things in Belgium (where the OP is) but I can say that years of experience with BMW service in the US has proven that warranty coverage hassles resulting from non factory installs and/or aftermarket items are a real headache. If a dealer can do the install it helps but then again the cost of that likely nullifies any benefit to not ordering it with whatever option. Also the value of the car can take a hit as a result of mods too. Changing the headliner to black would be safe though assuming it doesnt impact any airbags, no idea what that would cost

Last edited by M3tallicar; 01-02-2013 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 0