View Single Post
      03-15-2016, 07:39 PM   #48
RocGuy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1

Ok, advice needed...

Carmax offered me 18,000 for my car. KBB gave it a trade value of 21-24. But they had 2 2013 X1s on the lot both for sale for 22,500. 18 is probably not that awful?? I was hoping for 20 to be honest, but they will buy it from me.

Then, I go to the BMW dealer. Last week I had it in at the Dryer & Reinbold South dealer, where the service people told me I couldn't trade it in. Well, Carmax was near D&R North (this is all Indianapolis) so I went there today and I told the sales guy I just came from Carmax since I knew they couldn't do a trade for me. But he said they could. The other people were wrong, They offered me the exact 18,000 to trade in. Which would be a better deal when figuring paying less tax. He said they already have 30-40 cars they can't sell but they are just sitting on them. I told him my fear of having it be 2+ years before the recall can get done and my car value will be nothing and he said hogwash. The recall will be done and it won't affect value... Against everything that I'm reading...

Do I take their 18 and run since I actually found a dealer to trade it? Originally I wanted to keep mine for another 2 years and trade then. I'm already bummed it's only worth 18 tho! I LIKE my current car. I ordered it to my specifications. I'm happy driving it. I just don't want to be stuck with it or it be worth nothing. So I'm not sure what to do. To make it slightly more complicated I'm not even sure if I'd get a 2016 X1 or just get a new Clubman S from Mini. It's really X1 like compared to my last Mini! It's the same dealer so it's the same trade amount and offer.

Other fear is that once BMW starts sending out the actual recall notices a LOT of people will be trying to get out of theirs and this 18 offer might not stand for long. I'm really not ready to buy a new car but I'm afraid I will regret not doing it if I don't act soon...

Anyone?...
Appreciate 0