06-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #12
Kennyboy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 Xdrive 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
Not always a good idea to gauge a particular model based on a loan car experience. Loners are usually (not always) some of the more base models. Go and test drive one that's outfitted closer to how you would consider buying it.
Actually, the 328i I received was well optioned but with no Navi, even with high-gloss black grills, and only has a few thousand miles on it. I received a X1 28i Xdrive this time, with only 1800 miles...still got the new car smell. The car was a sport-line, with all the options minus the lighting and tech packages. So I got lucky that both loaner cars I recieved this month were nearly new and well optioned.
This X1 was the first 28i Xdrive I drove other than my own. It's steering feel was so much lighter than my own X1. It doesn't have that heavy steering feel most of us are familiar with. It felt more like a electrical power steering unit. I had to get out of the car to check if it wasn't a Sdrive...but it was a Xdrive and the same 2014 model year. The only difference was that mine is a X-line and this loaner car is a sport line, both with 18 inch rollers. They should be identical other than exterior and interior cosmetics. Why do they have a totally different steering feel is really getting me confused. I still have the loaner car with me and already put 700 miles on it.
Appreciate 0