Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XsltAnalyst View Post
Well another reason why they'll shoot up in value is because of DDmuro and Jalopnik and all other so-called "journalists". Maybe some of them stock up first then hype up whatever they want to unload? Who knows, right?

Maybe some people don't like moving on with the times and want to hang on to the past.

I heard for about the same price as low mileage E39 M5 you can have a brand new Chevy SS sedan, a modern equivalent replacement for the v8 sports sedan that is very similar in specs (size, weight, hp, driving experience) to E39 M5. Not my words, they're from car and driver. No matter how good the E39 M5 is, it is still going to suffer from common E39 age related reliability issues.

There are always going to be "analog" cars available for sale, and I'd rather have that along with the new car warranty, safety and whatnot.

Also, people should stop complaining about the BMW switching to all forced induction. Just because a car is NA doesn't make automatically make it a good car. Some of the best cars in the world are turbocharged (F40, Skyline GTR, Evo, Supra, etc). I think it's the awful throttle programming that's what left most with bitter taste about the turbo cars.
A turbocharged car will never be as responsive as a naturally aspirated car. Turbines have to spool.
...and electric cars are more responsive than both. Each has its pros and cons. Right now, FI has many many pros over NA. Pick and choose what's right for you. FI is more efficient and more powerful. The world moves on.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0