View Single Post
      08-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #25
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
Great pics. We just put in the order for my wife's X1 xdrive28i today. Beamerboi, your pics sold us on the Valencia Orange...and the 225m wheels. Don't worry, you won't see your shadow car in your neighborhood, we're about as far from Florida as you can get and still be in the states.

I thought that V.O. was such a flashy color that it would only look right on a coupe, but your photos clearly show otherwise.

Our build is as follows:

X1 xdrive28i
M sport line
Lighting package
Premium package
Technology package
black leather seats
light fineline wood trim
heated seats
M sport steering wheel with paddle shifters

We went in to the dealership on Saturday to talk numbers with our S.A. not expecting any X1s to be in yet. As soon as he saw us walking up he waves (knows us both by name 3 years after selling me my 335...don't find that at most dealerships) and points to a black X1 xdrive35i (jesus BMW has to stop with the lengthy naming conventions). It looked much better and smaller than we expected. Drove well, more body roll than either of us are used to, but comfortable and relatively sporty. Wife is coming from a lowered and tuned GTI with H&R super sport springs/Koni yellows so she's used to cornering like she's on rails. She was seriously considering a 2013 Golf R but after a little time in the X1 she decided to sacrifice a little sportiness for a little more refinement...at least thats how she explained it. We're told to expect a November delivery. West coasters have to suffer as the ship goes through the Panama canal.

Beamerboi, i'd like to hear your thoughts on how the M sport suspension feels...Did you drive an X1 without that you can compare it to?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0