12-14-2010, 07:36 AM   #66
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post
No offence taken at all. I agree with you 100%. I hate SUVs. I passed a guy in a Hummer this morning. I just can't drive past one of those without looking into the driver's eyes to see what kind of person would drive such a beast. Then there is the Cadillac Escalade which is another I can't quite drive by without shaking my head. Yes the X1 is smaller than the Outback. The new Outback is too big for me as is the Forester. The X1 may be a bit too nice as my "3rd" car but I guess I'll just have to suffer. I need a car with a minimal amount of off-road capability and a fair amount of storage capacity since my 335 coupe and Z4 are just for driving. I need to trail my dirt bike (Husaberg) and I also use my trailer a lot to haul building material for various projects or garden supplies. If I can't fit what I need in my trailer or if it's too heavy, I just have them deliver. It's kind of ironic that I actually do take my car off-road a bit while 99.9% of those who drive Hummers never do.
Sounds like the X1 is the perfect car for you I hope (and you must try one if they do) that they bring one of the diesels to the USA, absolutely bloody amazing engines. Way ahead of any other oil burner at the moment.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0