View Single Post
      06-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #63
mabrahams
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 M-Sport 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula M View Post

All I know is they start production in a month. I'll buy a fully loaded M sport AWD manual N55 plz... don't care the price!
Nothing changed on M-Sport; however, HK sound was no longer a stand-alone option. It now must be purchased with the technology package.

Quote:
Why does everyone expects to get a big discount on a vehicle that hasn't sold one piece in the US is not realistic. I would make the assumption that there will be very short supply the first 6 months and realistically I don't know why a dealer would do more than a $1,000 discount. I think they have more incentive to discount inventory they actually own verses an order. They would rather move something they are paying carrying cost on and on an order they have a captive customer where they know they have a sale. It also depends on what city you are in. If you are in a market with several dealers you have a much better chance than in a city with one dealer. There more than likely is a lower profit margin on the X1 compared to the X3 due to where it's made although the Euro is pretty low right now.
Correct, margins are super thin on the X1 when compared to X3. It should be interesting to see what deals BMW plans on offering, but to be honest; I don't see any huge incentives until the end of this year.
Appreciate 0