View Single Post
      08-18-2015, 08:35 AM   #56
atomic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 x3 x-line white

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
This statement makes no sense. So your 240 is great, but 300 is useless?

With AWD, you can easily make use of 3-400 HP in the 0-80 MPH range people tend to drive in. Let alone that not everyone drives 75, and passing/merging power is a big luxury.

It would take about 100 HP to make an X1 do 75. Are you suggesting they should have given it only that much? You know, because anything more would have "no purpose".

I will say, that with the 8 speed, the 4 banger is the better choice for most buyers vs. the N55. But that doesn't mean you should discredit the 6 for those that enjoy the performance (and aftermarket potential). My wifes' X1 makes about 380hp, and she still asks for more.

PS, the 4 in your X1 has nothing even remotely resembling "tons" of power. It's a great base engine, and certainly powerful enough to make the car fun. But you have less power than a V6 Camry or RAV4. 240 hasn't been "tons" of power" in over a decade.
the X1 has more than 240 horsepower. They listed it lower and the 0 to 60 mph times lower than actual to convince you to overspend on a six cylinder version. And it has more claimed torque than the V6 Camry.

The argument comes down to this. You think I am stupid for buying the the 28 . I think you are stupid for spending the extra money on the 35 for useless power that you can't use. If I were spending that kind of money there are numerous cars that are so much better than the X1.

We won't convince each other. BMW and the population of the world in general agrees with me. That is why they aren't putting an turbo six into the new X1 and that is why next to no one bought our x1 with the six in it. BMW could make a car that 5 or 6 people on a message board would want or they could make a car that actually sells and they could make a profit off of. They choose to go the profit route.

VW makes a car that you desire. Golf R. Faster than your X1 has four wheel drive and everything else your X1 has. So there is a car for you if you decide you want a new car.
Appreciate 0