View Single Post
      12-22-2014, 10:24 AM   #16
FrozenInCND
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
I guess that is either very poorly installed by the guy who did it or you expect to look very beautiful by doing nothing.

I am not picky, but OCD with my cars and I am VERY pleased with my film.
I had it in my previous cars, and I have it on my present cars including an 8 years old Accord. You will see nothing on it and it should be invisible.
BUT
You need to wash your car, and wax the film at least twice a year with wax so bugs wont stain it. You must make sure that you won't scrub it, try alcohol or any other products on it except the ones intended for it. Oh, and if you come from a long trip with lots of bugs you should wash the car, not wait two weeks. No different than wine on the clothes or birdshit on paint (which should be removed on spot).
If you are waxing your car as should (let's say spring and fall) you will love it.
Plus you need to have a guy that knows how to install it properly.

As I said my car was brand new the 3M bra was on it less then a two months in that time it was washed at least 4 times. As for the installers, it was put on by a company that my BMW deal sent it to before I picked it up. As for love it, no but it is better than rock chips.
Appreciate 0