12-15-2014, 04:19 PM   #6
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys@BimmerTech View Post
You talked to the wrong guys
No problem to reactivate FSC even if your dealer wipes it out.
Sounds good However, below are my concerns..

It wasn't that the fsc codes couldn't be reimported/activated once dealer wipes it, it's that, I was advised, in some cases I might have to send the whole CIC unit itself to them to be able to reimport/activate fsc code which I don't think is feasible.

Since, I'm in Australia, I guess I'll have to do the wiring/installation myself esp. for 6NF base plate that I want along with 6NR. This is my first bimmer, first car and a brand new one. So, I want to make sure what I'm doing before I start doing it. I started a whole new thread requesting for some instructions here..

What are the things I require for you guys to do remote fsc code importation/activation? Do you guys provide them? Also, if dealer were to wipe it off what's the cost to get a new fsc code and to reimport/reactivate it?

Here's what I'm actually after:
I already have 6NS base plate in my centre armrest. Since it doesn't support video I want to replace it with 6NF base plate and be able to use media snap-in adapter that I have now for iPhone 4/4s for videos. Since I need 6NR for it to work, I'm looking at getting 6NR + 6NF and hence be able to use BMW Apps, plugins and the video. At the moment my car is equipped with Pro Nav (609), Convenience Telephony (6NS) and Internet (614). I'm not sure about combox as I can't see it listed anywhere in my order list

What would be the initial cost to have this activated/installed on my car first time?

jaeezzy...
Appreciate 0