View Single Post
      11-26-2014, 10:14 AM   #127
Kennyboy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 Xdrive 28i

2014 28i Xdrive Xline here. With Eco Pro turned on I could get to 28 mpg average on open highways, 24 mpg without. My daily average is 19.7 for the past 3 months. On a 328i Xdrive I could get 29+ mpg without the Eco pro easily, but using Eco pro on the 328i makes a smaller difference. My 2005 Subaru Forester 2.5XT, on Cobb stage 2, was averaging 14mpg city and 18mpg highway. The X1 is not easy on gas compared to the 328i Xdrive, and the actual mileage it gets is far below the 3 series from what was indicated on the paper. But I don't think it is that bad either. I hate to use Eco Pro unless I am on a long trip driving on the open highway. It makes the car less responsive to react to the sudden incidents that may happen in the city commute and busy highway traffic. I feel it simply increases the risk of driving and kills all the fun factors of a BMW. I feel the car stops slower under Eco Pro also, possibly due to a lower cruising RPM and reduced engine braking. The money it saves just does not justify all these sacrifices. If I care that much about gas mileage, I would be driving a Toyota Prius.
Appreciate 0