View Single Post
      03-06-2014, 05:18 PM   #56
atomic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 x3 x-line white

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottomfg View Post
The new Golf Wagon is most definitely not coming to the US this fall. 0% chance. Best case is it comes mid-2015. Also, there has been no confirmation that the AWD version will be coming at all. Just an FYI. VW makes some truly inscrutable decisions about the US market so trying to use logic or reason for predictions is pointless.

I also am planning on getting an optioned-out Golf R in 2015, with a good ol' manual—x1 is wife's/family car. It's funny to say you have one on order, since, you know, no one in the US can really order one for a year, but, I'm sure dealer was happy to put you on a list for people who want to pay full MSRP . MPI issue is interesting, but I don't really care as long as the HP numbers stay the same. On a three year 30k mile lease, carbon build-up is not a concern, but it is a bizarre decision if they remove that feature from our engines.

Oh, and as an owner of current gen TDI Sportwagen, *no way* it looks better than an x1 from any angle, imho. The new MKVII Sportwagen is an improvement, but it's still just a big box, essentially. x1 has some flavor.

Well appearance is an opinion so to each his own. The US VW head got fire recently and replaced someone from outside the country. So maybe VW will make better decisions for the US. I don't really care for the looks of the new BMW 3 series and I don't think it looks as modern as the previous version.
Appreciate 0