04-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #8
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by senwar View Post
Then I'm even more at a loss - as i say they have come on automatically every time I've used the car prior to last week. Every day (I drive 'into' my garage). Although are you saying if switched on it will work next time as you've put it on, or it will just come on until you move away from an object and need engaging again?

The main frustration I have with going to a dealer is the place I bought it from is inconvenient to go to. The closest dealer is only 4 miles away but I really don't rate them. But this occasion I'll probably have to go there.

If they work as you both say then that sort of defeats the object. I also had front PDC on my 120 and they also worked without any intervention.
Yep, if my front PDC is turned on, either by selecting reverse first or the button, it will stay on even if the car is switched off. However, if its disengaged (by driving at speeds above 20mph) it will not come on by itself automatically if I am just in D (auto). As an example, say I am driving into my driveway going forward I need to turn it on manually. I then park the car moving forward until it beeps telling me I am close to my garage door. When I select P it keeps quiet. I then switch the car off. Next when I switch the car on its quiet while in P but if I then select D or R it starts beeping.

On a different note, tell the dealer to sort the car but if you are not happy with the service contact BMW UK directly. I have done so twice with my Mini in the past and they have sorted it very quickly. Once by laying into the dealer and the second time by referring me to a different service centre. They have some clout with the dealers.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0