03-25-2014, 10:44 AM   #12
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0w40X1 View Post
Those kind of tires have thicker carcass.

I've never had a flat in that kind of tire, but have found worn out nails when replacing worn tire.

Tires not speed rated like All season get punctured easier.
Do you really believe this? Performance tires have stiffer sidewalls, but typically lighter belting and of course much stickier compounds. This makes them flat magnets. I have had countless flats in track tires and higher performance tires like PS2's and PSS's than with my daily which is currently on Pilot A/S3's or my wife's X1 on the P7 A/S's.

I had a rear blowout with a Toyo T1R that I caught quickly and didn't shred the rear fender or eat a guardrail, but to think that good tires save you from flats or other issues is just bunk, akin to thinking that a more expensive car should be safer than a cheaper car, or not get flats.

Buy some TPMS sensors folks, TireRack sells them for $40/ea. If you're buying good tires, a BMW, premium fuel and paying your insurance, why not maintain a simple safety device that costs you very little and provides a small amount of safety? You can also move them between wheels if you really don't want to buy a second set.
Appreciate 0