View Single Post
      11-03-2016, 07:19 AM   #83
tominavl
Keeping it Real
Rep
Drives: 2014 X Drive 2.8i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Here's the full list of stuff that BMW assist provides for 4 years for free with each car
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...4andlater.aspx

Best of luck getting your airbag replaced, and hope you don't let that get you too wound up and upset over X1 ownership

EDIT On an off topic note, I believe that the service each of us receives from BMW and other organizations is a combo of our approach/attitude, and the sales and service people we choose to work with. I've gotten my last few cars without setting foot in the dealerships (and have gotten great deals) and whenever I need maintenance of warranty repair I find myself in reasonably interesting cars (fully loaded 435 coupe with 61 miles most recently). My advice is to be really selective with your SA and CA, and treat them right with top survey results and a holiday card/gift, and also be respectful to people like porters and transportation associates. If you come in hot with "guns blazing" in person about your X1 like how you do on your forums, that could be why you get "bad service"......

EDIT2: sorry didn't mean to preach, but c'mon... this thread was about info for the retrofit.. not complaining about airbags
Thanks for your informative and respectful response. I am not complaining about the airbags. My point is that we are all driving a potential "time bomb" and this is not good timing to create another faulty safety system. This thread is unveiling a heap of problems with the new system. I think they should not have sent me a silly postcard notice of discontinuation...that is all. And I also believe the consumer doesn't "earn" good service. Nope. We PAY DEARLY for that. And to my dealer's credit, I am impressed by their service, and after 3+ years of ownership, I am extremely satisfied with my X1. Except for this...
Appreciate 0