View Single Post
      09-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #38
abishek22
Rep
Drives: coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoveon View Post
Ok, if you have the 6NH option - handsfree installed that needs to be disconnected as the BMW Station option is for vehicles without idrive and hands free.

I used the two cables c1 & D1 to pair the Aux and Power (6FL) to the Iphone cradle. As the vehicle also had Bluetooth, I left that as it is.

So essentially my Iphone gets the power from the USB and pushes the Audio through the AUX port but phone calls are still handled the old way through the Bluetooth. This mutes the music and gives priority to the phone call when one is received. (If i am not wrong, Iphone itself has that built in, giving priority to a phone call over the music)

The steering button still controls the audio volume and answer functions. Track forward does not work.

Since I also had SA640 no coding was required.

No app functions works from the steering wheel, its only controlled through the iphone touch screen.

Maybe, I am missing something here. My dealer was of no help as this was their first installation.

Essentially all I was able to do is to mount the Iphone on the dash and hide the cables for the USB+AUX.

Looking back could have just bought the cable and a windscreen mount for 50 bucks and achieved the same thing.

So folks, if anyone has more info please let me know.

do you mean its as good as buying an y cable? which i already have?
Appreciate 0