View Single Post
      01-31-2017, 10:21 AM   #7
Vidgamer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 e84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
...I have owned 3 BMWs thus far and the X1 is surprisingly my favorite. It is not the prettiest car, but on paper, it checks so many boxes that so many other cars fall short on.
Yeah, I'm not sure I even knew about the X1 when I started looking for my next car. But between the color, hatchback, fast speed, sporty handling, etc., it all seemed to make sense. It ticked all the boxes. It seemed almost surreal.

Quote:
I felt fortunate to pick up one of the last 2015 BMW X1 x35i's that was not registered to anyone yet. It was a CPO Elite car with 10k miles on it that I got for almost $20k off MSRP so the decision was very easy for me.
Wow, sounds like a great deal! I don't think I got a great deal, but it's a car that I like for less than I was thinking of spending on a car, so, yay.

Quote:
I mainly spent these few months enjoying the car for what it was. It was rather hilarious seeing the looks on peoples faces when they'd see me keep up just fine on cruises with car friends.
Yes, it seems like a bit of a sleeper.

I think you mentioned Subaru? We had a Subaru Forester XT, and that was kind of a lifted-station-wagon look, and it was fast with decent handling. This car feels strangely similar! Big difference, the X1 gets much better mileage; we only got something like 19mpg out of that Subaru.

Quote:
This actually brought me back to the idea in my head about wanting to lift the X1 and took notes from tiltmode43's experience in lifting his X1. I ordered the same Eibach Pro-Lift kit from the UK and began prepping to lift the X1.
Gaaah! I would rather lower it and make it more of a car/hatchback! It already looks lifted to me....

Nice photos.
Appreciate 0