projectbarnie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 x1 X35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwickberg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectbarnie View Post
'13 35i. Replaced expansion tank 3 years ago and it just started leaking again (spraying coolant from the bottom). Thankfully my shop offers 3 yrs/36k mile warranty for the tank. While having that replaced, he also noticed a small leak from the radiator where it connects to the vent hose and upper radiator hose. Current mileage is at 100,4xx and first time tank was replaced was 70K.

I was about to just go with OEM till I came across the CSF radiators, specifically P/N 7046. Everywhere I saw on the web do not list it as it fitting our cars except from CSF's website.

I'll update once it arrives and is installed next week.
Did you get your CSF radiator in yet? Just found out the radiator that was preplaced less than 10,000 miles ago is cracked again, same place, aluminum and plastic fitting.

Repair shop is replacing for free, but using another OEM radiator. I may have him do it and then during the holidays, replace with an all aluminum one and keep the OEM as a spare or sell.

Replacing these radiators really sucks
Hasn't arrived yet I patched it up with the permatex radiator fix until the csf comes in.
Appreciate 0