View Single Post
      03-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #5
ady
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 SE 20D

Hi All...
sorry about the pics..a try and do better photos this weekend..
The ride is not too bad with the 19" alloys but does have a very slight tram line on very bad roads which is typical for stiff RF tyres. Had the same problem from new on my 1`er which the wife (thank god!!) refused to drive as the ride was so stiff and it tram-lined everwhere, so had to replace all with non rft conti`s at £600 plus a m tec punture kit on a 2 week old car!!
Compairing the X1 to the 1 series M sport Is the slight build quailty, I might be fussy like the plastic cover around the washer jets and the design of the jets, the engine noise in the cabin.Also find the arm rest is to low (like the seat high) which fouls the handbrake if pushed forward.The Rest button on the climate control been changed to all so you have to keep the engine running when parked for heat..(there is a parked option but just blows cold air) The design surrounding the gear lever.The parking sensors start so late compaired to the 1`er..
I do miss the way the 1`er handled in the twisty bits, I find X1 feels a bit loose and not as tight but its a heavy and taller car without the m sport kit but I`am not complaining as the ride is much forgiving with less back problems from the stiff ride!!This x1 has plenty of space, better mpg, and its so much quicker, and in the looks deptment what more can I say
Ady..

Last edited by ady; 03-04-2011 at 10:04 AM..
Appreciate 0