View Single Post
      07-29-2017, 10:07 AM   #99
kurtthewurt
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X1 sDrive28i, Mineral Grey

I've had my 2013 X1 sDrive28i since July 2013; just passed 4 years with her. Right now I have just about 72,000 miles, and it's been an adventure.

So far there have been no major failures, but I have had some oddities:

- I had the gas tank, filler lines, and some carbon canister replaced because I couldn't fill the gas tank without stopping and starting every gallon or so. This was by far the biggest headache, as it took 18 months and 3 dealers to actually fix it. Some of the previous fixes before the final "big fix" would remedy the problem for a month or so before acting up again.

- Handbrake was replaced once, as it started to slip when being applied occasionally. The "clicking" would skip and I'd have to pull harder. Very odd.

- My driver's side seat upholstery (black SensaTec) cracked slightly and was replaced.

- Thermostat (like many others) was replaced earlier this year. BMW NA just sent out 10y/100k thermostat warranty extensions because they're faulty.

- Front brake pads replaced just a few weeks ago. Rear pads and all rotors are almost like new.

- Lastly, I've had my license plate bracket fall off once. The dealer fixed it 3 years ago and I haven't had a problem since.

- Just about to put on my 3rd set of tires. They're Michelin run-flats.

My car and I have been through a lot over the past couple years. Sometimes I wish I'd gotten a Toyota like my parents have always had, but this has been SO much more fun.
Appreciate 0