View Single Post
      03-27-2021, 02:29 PM   #92
solidsleeper
solidsleeper
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 35i xDrive 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
What are you seeing to believe this. I have BimmerLink and just checked and my battery was still coded to 70ah and I swap between e30 and 93 fairly often.

Side note it showed my battery at 88% charge, is that normal? I just got it this winter after my factory one smoked and leaked in my trunk ��
I haven't really played around with BimmerLink's battery function in a while, but are you saying there is a way to check the current battery rating coding in Bimmerlink? I was going off the assumption that the battery registration coding gets reset when you flash MHD because after flashing an MHD tune the mileage record of the last battery registration would disappear (of course I could be wrong, but MHD wasn't able to confirm and maybe if you had INPA/ISTA you'd be able to check the rating).

Whenever I check my battery % charge in Bimmerlink, it usually shows somewhere between 70-80% and I changed my battery with an aftermarket Interstate AGM w/ same 80Ah rating as the original battery (replaced battery 2020 January).

Edit: checked BimmerLink and it does show the battery Ah/AGM rating. so I guess I'm wrong about the coding being reset based on what darkrom experienced

Last edited by solidsleeper; 03-27-2021 at 10:22 PM..
Appreciate 0