View Single Post
      03-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
nathan35
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18d

There was a thread already on the same subject:

http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432198

As for the things you mentioned, I can concur only with the rear wiper being disconnected from the front one.

The on/off button on the radio panel acts as a mute control, in the sense that for a while it does not stop the cd (you can actually hear that the cd keeps turning), so when you hit it again, the music or radio continues instantenously. Is it not the definition of mute? Actually, when you press the button, there is a mute icon on the iDrive screen.

For the door locking when driving away, this can be programmed via the board computer, and you can even have different settings for the two keys.

I've already listed my complaints elsewhere, but will repeat the two top ones here so maybe the bmw guys read it and fix next time they have a car on the drawing boards:
1. the "boot open" sensor sends a warning only AFTER you drive away, so you cannot close the boot, check if it's close and drive; when closing the boot there's abolutely no way to tell whether it is deemed closed or not;
2. there is no decent fixation of the floor mats; yes I know it is the nasa which invented the velcro, but it seems more adapted for interstellar voyages than for properly preventing the mat from sliding under my brake pedal
Appreciate 0