View Single Post
      06-23-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
Alexe
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

My Sparkling Bronze E84 xDrive 118d

Hi all,

I took delivery of my new car last saturday. i'm liking how it feels on the road!

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6661/dsc7284.jpg

I ordered some nice extras like the hi-fi sound system, cruise control, multifunctional steering wheel, park distance control and automatic air conditioning.

I didn't go all the way because i was on a budget Navigation with idrive was definatily too expensive... Without the navigation it seemed like a waste of money to order the bluetooth option and the 6FL option. I did not want to spend money on a useless radio unit upgrade and spend another 50 bucks on an ipod cable just to control my phone and ipod on a two-line display!

Instead, I ordered the portable navigation pro. It still has to be installed but it will allow me to make phone calls using bluetooth, it's a clean install, and it uses the on-board speakers.

I am also looking to fit the bmw ipod kit for radio business. I would like to be able to use the controls on my steering wheel to browse my ipod, and it would charge my ipod too. I have found the installations instruction, but should check how to remove the radio and glove compartment box. I wanted to fit it in myself because it looks quite easy, and also because i want to put my ipod in the glove compartment and not in the center console underneath the air conditioning unit as it says in the manual. I don't want my ipod to be visible all the time, or having to remove it after every ride...

ciao!

Alexe
Appreciate 0