View Single Post
      05-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #7
JB135MDCT
I'm just a cook
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Don't Bangle the 135 Dr. Reithofer

Quote from Report by Dr. Norbert Reithofer, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG, 90th Annual General Meeting of BMW AG in Munich on 18 May 2010

"we asked owners of BMW 1 Series cars: How important is a rear-wheel drive in your BMW? Contrary to the larger vehicle classes, the vast majority of the 1 Series drivers responded that they were not concerned at all whether their car had a front or rear-wheel drive, as long as it was a BMW. Customers trust us. And this is what matters. "

Dr. Reithofer, Front wheel drive, I don't think so. Show me the data and demographics. Are you using the same method that determined early 3er i's steering should be softer, and then real customers put you in the right direction? Or the e46 Mercedes front hood? Perhaps you were not in charge at the time but the people that work for you need to be freshened up ( or out ). Are you going to bet the whole company with those who are buying a name tag? Why are other companies putting smaller cars out with rear wheel drive?

Bangled top 10 of a lifetime, this would include a BMW 1 with front wheel drive.

It's perfectly fine in the Mini. A Mini with rear drive? Now that would be intersting.

BMW is unique where rabadging a car is not part of the game like most other auto manuf's.You should be desinging around driving enthusiasts, not around badgers, elitists and ignorance.

Last edited by JB135MDCT; 05-21-2010 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: Sent by accident
Appreciate 0