Thread: BMW X1 issues
View Single Post
      06-17-2016, 02:43 PM   #1
Casacounselor
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 x1

BMW X1 issues

I'm looking for advice please. I'm a new BMW owner. I leased a 2015 x1xdrive i28 in late November of 2014. I put a decent amount down so I could handle the payments. Other than the regularly scheduled maintenance, I've had many problems, let's forget the shredded tire within the 1st month, 1st major problem was an engine malfunction with reduced speed, ended up being a wastegate actuator(I have no idea what that is), this was within the 1st year under 20,000 miles, the next month the same thing happened over the holidays, although this time it was supposedly a software issue, and not a month later (now) my service engine light is on, now I have a bad thermostat which needs to be replaced and of course there are none in the country until the end of the month. I have brought my vehicle in for service 6 times in the last 18 months (3 times for problems), I have under 25,000 miles on it and I'm wondering if this is the price you pay for having a BMW, is this normal, a fluke, or do I have a "lemon"?
Appreciate 1
X1Miss0.00