Eric5273
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
+1

The X1 is a wagon, I'm not sure why one would argue otherwise.
BMW is calling it an SAV (which is BMW speak for SUV). But who cares what you call it. It has a higher seating position than a regular wagon, so that's why I like it.

As I mentioned in my last post, that is the main reason I wanted an SUV. I care little about the storage space and seating capacity. If they made an even smaller 2-seater that had a high seating position and AWD for the winter, I'd probably get that one. So a regular wagon is the total opposite of what I want, but yet you are telling me that's what my car is. A regular wagon has the same low seating position as a regular car, but just has the expanded cargo capacity of an SUV. I looked in my trunk tonight, and there doesn't seem to be much more storage space back there than my dad's Prius.

Take that M coupe, raise it up about 6 inches to give it more ground clearance along with a higher seating position, style it like a mini X4/X6, and then give it AWD with all season tires, and that would be the perfect car for me. Unfortunately no such car currently exists, so instead I have my X1.

For me, smaller = better.
Appreciate 0