View Single Post
      08-18-2015, 09:04 AM   #58
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
the X1 has more than 240 horsepower. They listed it lower and the 0 to 60 mph times lower than actual to convince you to overspend on a six cylinder version. And it has more claimed torque than the V6 Camry.

The argument comes down to this. You think I am stupid for buying the the 28 . I think you are stupid for spending the extra money on the 35 for useless power that you can't use. If I were spending that kind of money there are numerous cars that are so much better than the X1.

We won't convince each other. BMW and the population of the world in general agrees with me. That is why they aren't putting an turbo six into the new X1 and that is why next to no one bought our x1 with the six in it. BMW could make a car that 5 or 6 people on a message board would want or they could make a car that actually sells and they could make a profit off of. They choose to go the profit route.

VW makes a car that you desire. Golf R. Faster than your X1 has four wheel drive and everything else your X1 has. So there is a car for you if you decide you want a new car.

What in the world are you talking about?

I didn't say ANY of what you're claiming I'm saying.

I think the 28 is a much better car for most people, for sure. Never did I once even remotely hint that I thought buying the 28 was a bad decision. In fact, my post specifically states that I think the 28 is the better car for most people.

You can go have an argument with yourself if you're going to continue to put words in my mouth.

I was replying to YOUR post saying the 35 is "useless". I was explaining to you that not all people have your priorities, and that, in fact, you can easily use 300, or even 400 HP on today's highways...especially in an AWD, 3800 lb. car. In fact, I (and my wife) use full or near throttle almost every time we drive the car. The tuneability is a big draw of the N55, not necessarily it's stock performance vs. the n20.

Our X1 makes almost 400 HP, it's significantly faster than a Golf R. But I agree with you, if one had been available at the time my wife was shopping for a car, she might have gone that route.

I think my posts on here have made perfectly clear that the N55 X1 is an odd car aimed at a very small group of people who would have liked to see an M235 hatch, or a 335 wagon.

I was ONLY responding to your comment that 300 HP is "useless". Although the N55 X1 is a low-volume car, BMW sells a shit ton of 335s, as well as 5,6,7 and M cars with well over 300 HP.

I guess all those cars are useless too?

Perhaps you should have said "useless to you"...instead of your gross generalization that everyone needs to have the same priorities that you have. Or that you can't use more than 240 HP...despite the fact that most of BMWs lineup makes more power than that.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 0