02-13-2015, 08:29 PM   #459
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancosta View Post
It's fine to wear these replicas until you meet someone who can tell that they're fake. How embarrassing would that be? I'd rather not take the risk if I were you. Just buy a lesser brand watch. Authenticity counts.
Say what? Embarrassed? Over what? I, frankly, would have a hard time determining who's more pathetic: the person who allows someone to shame them for wearing a fake watch, or the person who attempts to shame someone for doing so.

I can say only that were I either party, it wouldn't be embarrassing at all. I'm not going to give someone grief because they are wearing a fake. I'm not going to be embarrassed because I don't consider a watch -- fake or real -- as a source of pride or shame.

I have raised three great kids and provided them with the skills and resources they need to lead whatever kind of life they want. I'm kind and generous to my fellow man. I have almost 30 years of professional success. I am a published writer and researcher. I've been a very good university instructor. I've been a very good university student.

I don't care what some snot nosed SOB says to me or thinks about my watch -- fake or not -- I am not going to be close to embarrassed. I might be angered if I think they are actively or smugly trying to belittle me or otherwise insult me. I would be angry over their rudeness toward me. Depending on what they say to me, they may be the one of us who gets embarrassed after I get through letting them know they ain't cooler than the other side of a pillow.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0