View Single Post
      02-01-2014, 06:29 AM   #4
DAC17
Long live BMW M's!
Rep
Drives: 2023 CT5-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy7fx View Post
Not to question your judgement, but why would you put money down on a lease? Have you done any lease calculations to figure out what you should be paying? Have you looked into what people are actually paying for the X1 (invoice pricing), and made calculations accordingly? Perhaps do the math, take your number to any of your local dealerships and ask who wants your business. On your terms, based on the research and calculations you do. You can find MF, residual, invoice, etc etc on the web. Have you figured out what incentives you qualify for (turn key, loyalty, usaa, bmwcca). I don't think there is pull ahead on the X3, but might be. When does that lease expire? Did you check with the dealership or SA that you leased it from?
Thanks for questioning my judgment. Actually, I have done all of the above. I don't care about any "pull ahead", since I am looking to add this car, not to replace my X3 (that is my wife's car). I assume that once I get a dealer, I'll ask for all the details. I worked with my local dealer, but did not get a satifactory result. I've leased about 30 cars over my lifetime, and am quite familiar with the math that goes into a lease. I put the $2500 down number solely for the purpose of being sure to take care of any initial fees and having a fixed base of comparison. As you know, any number in the lease can then be adjusted/negotiated.

BTW, I am a CPA/tax accountant by trade...
Appreciate 0