01-07-2024, 02:47 PM   #5
chance91
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Bmw 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by domerX1 View Post
2015 sDrive with CAS/PDC/Nav/etc. First. I am super impressed with your repair. I wish I had that skill with board repair or could find someone to do it. Second. I have what looks like the same sunroof leak down the c-pillar flooding my control units. (My front drains are fully clogged). I replaced the CAS controller because my start and hatch keyless unlock/start wouldn't work (doors worked the entire time). Reinitiallized my key after swapping in a used module and got comfort entry/keyless start back.
My current issue is that my camera won't show. I bought a used PDC controller and camera controller (supposedly tested and functioning), but the PDC screen shows all the camera options grayed out. Do I need to initialize something to get the camera turned on? Is it telling me that my camera is fried as well? Did you have any of these issues restoring your system?

You need to make sure the part numbers match. There is PDC rear only, PDC front+rear, and PDC front+rear+camera. If thats all good, its likely a coding issue, it may be from a car that had a certain option turned off. You could possible get this done with protools VO coding your car.

The reason being, you will have certain factory coding for your car based on as ordered option. This is per module, which will match to VO coding. The module is coded for whatever it came from, may not be right options.

Roughly. That's my guess as to the issue if the module is good.

If you buy a used module, it will only be plug and play if your car and that car are same options, I.E. PDC F+R/CIC/Camera.

there are E9x guys who want our modules, because we have the only one that can be used on an e9x to retrofit f+r pdc and camera to an e90 with cic.
2005 MX-5 LS swap
Appreciate 0