View Single Post
      09-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #2
wcinvest
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (awaiting delivery)

In general, I would think December might be the best time to order a BMW but I don't pretend to be an expert on automotive incentives. The risk of waiting past early January is I believe there could be a price increase on some models at that time but Candada may be different. I've seen many automotive manufacturers increase prices after the new models are reviewed.

In the US at least, I would think BMW may come out with a new incentive for some models at least after the $1000 Drive for Team USA Olympic incentive ends for the folks that did the test drive. If Canada has a similar incentive then I suspect they will wait for that incentive to end before starting a new one.

As for the X1, if incentives come out in November/December in the US at least, I would think it would more likely be a lower interest rate or perhaps a $500 option credit. In Canada once BMW starts having incentives, they could be significantly larger since I believe they have a higher profit margin since the MSRP price is higher.

In the US, I don't think BMW wants to offer large incentives on X1's without many options since there margins are probably not that high on the vehicle unless one options it up. I also suspect the sales over the next 3-4 months will be pretty strong on this model but then it will settle down.

Pricing in Canada is higher so perhaps they will need stronger incentives.

In your shoes, I would try to find out what were the best incentives on the 2011 and 2012 X1's and when where they offered. And if you can get X1 sales information for Canada by the month, it may help you determine if BMW is going to have to offer better incentives to keep their dealers happy.

Even if the X1 is selling great in the US, if its not selling well in Canada, I would suspect a good incentive fairly soon since it is a volume model in Canada.
Appreciate 0