04-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #323
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Keep in mind he didn't have the JB4; theoretically the JB4 should make more power - but of course, we haven't seen dyno sheets of either yet on the X1.

Did not have the JB4, it was the JB1.

Unless I put a JB4 on the car and dyno it, we don't know what real differences there would be between it and a Dinan tune on a stock car because the two have not been compared on the same vehicle. Now in theory almost any aftermarket tuner is going to make more power and torque than Dinan because Dinan tries to keep things boosted, but at safe levels so parts don't break. After all they in theory have to cover that if BMW doesn't.

So if an owner is looking for the maximum power available on the platform the Dinan tune is not the way to go. If you're looking for extra pwr/tq that should operate within safe levels and has warranty coverage if it does break then Dinan is a path to consider.

Put the stock airbox on last night so no more extra turbo whoosh this week while the ECM has a few days to adjust to the different air flow for Sat dyno.

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0