View Single Post
      02-17-2017, 08:33 AM   #20
Vidgamer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 e84

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post

My $0.02 on handling is just swap to a slightly wider tire with a stickier compound and call it a day. my opinion, its a 39xx lb car, and it's a practical raised up SUV-like thing. Why try to make it something it is not by lowering it and adding handling mods
It's more of a hatchback than SUV. I'll definitely try just the tires as a first try. Not too sure about these RFTs... I'd love to lower it, for looks as much as handling, but not too excited about spending the money on it (it's not a cheap mod to do right -- not sure lowering springs alone will cut it) when it's not that necessary and hard to get right. (I've read stories about people bottoming-out, probably due to the cheaper mod of just using lowering springs.)

Quote:
As for 0-60 in 6s being "fast", honestly, that's so awesome to think that. Life is so much cheaper and simpler that way. Keep on enjoying the car, and stay far away from cars that trap 125+mph...
That's pretty easy to do. What (*cough* stock) cars do that? Nissan GT-R? maybe the new Camaro and Mustang top-end models?

For reference: https://www.0-60specs.com/chevrolet-camaro-0-60-times/

You can't even get there (stock) with a Camaro unless you go to the exotic ZL1 edition! Pretty expensive stuff, yes. And uncommon. A lot of the older pony cars aren't even as fast as the new ones. So, I think I'll be OK, with my pokey 6.2 sec. car, but I will have to keep an eye on these piggyback adapters. I kind of like the idea of $300 and 30 more HP -- what are your thoughts on that smaller Dinan controller?

It's a hot-hatch in disguise. It makes the GTI look boy-racer in comparison. It's a sleeper, like that Subie we had. It has a usable back seat. Is it really that bad?

When I shopped for cars, the fastest ones were mid-5s. Camaros (the interior space was a tad too tight), Audi A3 and GTI. GTI was best bang-for-the-buck although a deal on a Camaro could even be better. So, I could have gotten something somewhat faster (but still not with a 125+ trap speed). What do you suppose I should have bought and at what price? I decided to look used and try to save further. Now I could easily get into a BMW. Seemed like a good idea.
Appreciate 0