GTony
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 F25 XDrive 28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasperated View Post
Hi all,

This may be answered elsewhere, so apologies in advance, but I've just moved from an e87 130i to an X1 23D, and I'm keen to understand which wheels are compatible with the new car.

I assume because it's built on the E90 platform, that any E90 wheels would work? The wheels on my new X1 are 17" and I'd like to upgrade to 18".

Cheers!

Nick (Aus)
Hi Nick,
Would have loved to get 23d but the one I looked at in 2011, demo/used, 4000km's, they wanted $70,000 drive away. To rich for my blood so ordered 20d.
I go along with Twix's comments.

Would like more Info. on your circumstances as there are thousands of wheels out there. What Year is your car. Do you still have the Original Wheels and Tyres on your car.
Are you looking to be conservative and just get 18's with square set up, BMW type or have an open mind re Staggered, Aftermarket etc.

It depends on your taste. What Colour and Style/Type do you like for your car, chrome, silver, black, blue etc.
Don't know what year yours is but I believe the earlier 23d's had bigger brakes and went back to the same as the other models. This might be a big consideration when changing wheels.

I noticed you have 130i, that's a 6 isn't it and you've made 42 Posts. So I presume your aware that when changing Wheels you have to know your Original Tech. Details.
Was told the E90 to E93 are similar to the X1 but I would be checking/comparing Offsets to your Originals.

I have looked at 100's Wheels/Brands in Aust. and O/Seas and some time back got 18's from USA, yet to be fitted.

Anyway, Welcome, Happy to help and look forward to your comments.
Appreciate 0