Mulberry
Catuvellauni
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive23d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM View Post
lmao Mulberry, sisters of mercy?!

fucking awesome
It's been a little while since I have logged on hence the delay in replying.

First thanks for the compliments on my car, and taste in music?! Great to get the adrenalin going on a fast drive.......

I think that I need to say that I'm happy with the car, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. Yesterday I visited a BMW dealer to have a good look at the new X3, and will now probably ...depending on cost of change, go for the 3 ltr diesel X3 M Sport version when it arrives in the UK. The detailing in the cabin is IMO better e.g. the internal door handles have a better 'feel'...not the sharp plastic found in my X1 23d!, and the switches have aluminimum detailing. The boot space looks smaller but for me that's not a problem. The consumption figures look similar, and the wheel arches are round which I prefer. If the cost of change is too high I will probably go for the M Sport or ACS kit upgrade, keep the car and also buy a classic sports car for summer use.

Now about comparing the X1 23d with the Porsche Cayenne...In my opinion no two people will compare the same aspects of a vehical as we all have different priorities and use requirements. What I try to do when considering buying a car is how do I actualy use it and what will it be like in every day real life use?

In the UK we have very high road tax, expensive fuel, narrow roads (in the South West) that are not that well maintained (and won't be for some time due to the credit crunch spending cuts), narrow parking spaces, and insurance costs are rising. The Porsche Cayenne is a great car. well built and detailed...but large! The base model diesel is 2,967 cc, 176 kw (240 hp), 550 Nm (405 lb ft) max torque, fuel consumption 7.41/100 km, 0 -62 7.8 secs, CO2 emission 195 g/km. Add in the cost, plus the amount that you will need to spend to have a high specification, and cost of servicing, tax etc, and I think that you will find that you are spending a lot more for something that does not perform quite as well...but is still an excellent vehical. I like Porsche and have owned several so have tried to be objective. After all who actualy drives a car at it's maximum potential?

The most comparable cars are probably the Freelander, Volvo, new small Range Rover...then you drop down to the Asian vehicals and Fords.

The X1 23d is a great vehical and deserved to do well...my taste in music...?!
Appreciate 0